[Permission is granted to duplicate this article in its entirety,
but only without additions, alterations or omissions of any kind,
including the author, ministry name and address at the end.
Nothing may be removed from this page including links to other pages.]
Only in the Book of Revelation do we read of this special group of 144000. There is a mystery surrounding them. Who they are and could some people alive today be of the 144000. What are the details? Here are eight known facts:
● They each get a seal on their foreheads (7:3)
● They are from the twelve tribes of Israel (7:4-8), that is, 12,000 from each of the 12 tribes.
● They get Jesus’ name and the Father’s name written on their foreheads (14:1).
● They were before the throne where they alone could learn a heavenly praise song to sing (14:3).
● They were redeemed from the earth, purchased from among men (Rev. 14:3,4) and offered as firstfruits to God and to the Lamb (14:4).
● No lie was found in their mouths; they are blameless. (14:5)
● They kept themselves pure from defilement with women (14:4).
● They are still following JESUS in heaven (14:4)
The Jehovah’s Witnesses (JW) have been wrongly taught that only the 144000 will be in heaven and they are all JWs! The rest of God’s servants will dwell on paradise earth and not be in heaven. In part, for the Jehovah’s Witnesses to come to those false conclusions they must:
● Literally take the number (144000), but reject they are literal Jews as the same text says.
● Believe the 144000 will be in heaven, but deny the great multitude that no man can count in Rev. 7 will also be in heaven, even though both groups are in the same place described as being before the throne:
And they  sang a new song before the throne and before the four living creatures and the elders. No one could learn the song except the 144000 who had been redeemed from the earth. (Rev 14:3)
After this I looked and there before me was a great multitude that no one could count, from every nation, tribe, people and language, standing before the throne and in front of the Lamb. They were wearing white robes and were holding palm branches in their hands. (Rev 7:9)
Therefore, “they are before the throne of God and serve him day and night in his temple; and he who sits on the throne will spread his tent over them.” (Rev 7:15)
Again, since the 144000 are before the throne and that is in heaven, then the great multitude that no man can count must also in heaven, since they too are before the throne. Having said all of that, who then are the 144000? They are 144000 Jews who will be the first ones martyred during the days of the antichrist. Hence, all of the 144000 are of the last generation.
More Than 144000
It is even more clear that the number in heaven with Jesus will definitely exceed 144000 and is shown by the following:
Whoever serves me must follow me; and where I am, my servant also will be. My Father will honor the one who serves me. (John 12:26)
Jesus stated all of his servants will be with him! So, where is he referring to? Heaven. This glaring inconsistency about the 144000 is just another obvious error and more evidence showing the Watchtower Society in not Jehovah’s Organization, as they have taught their own gullible members. GOD BLESS YOU.
Humanity Of Christ
The New World Translation
Plan Of Salvation
Answering Objections To The Deity Of Christ
Contact Us Or Join Our Internet ChurchEvangelical Outreach
PO Box 265
Washington, PA 15301