A. The Book Of Mormon Contradicts Doctrine and Covenants.
1. "Behold, David and Solomon truly had many wives and concubines, which thing was abominable before me, saith the Lord," Jacob 2:24. In contrast to this, we read in Doc. & Cov. 132:1 that David and Solomon were justified because of polygamy! Which reference is wrong?
B. The Book Of Mormon Refutes Mormon Doctrine.
1. The Father, Son and Holy Ghost are ONE God, not three (Alma 11:44b; Mormon 7:7; 2 Nephi 31:21b and the last sentence in Testimony of Three Witnesses).
2. God is unchanging, not changing (Moroni 7:22; 8:18; Mormon 9:9,19; 3 Nephi 24:6).
3. God is NOT flesh and bones, but instead a spirit (Alma 31:15; 22:9-11; 18:24-28). Remember, Jesus said a spirit does NOT have flesh and bones (Lk. 24:39).
C. The Book Of Mormon Condemns Joseph Smith For Polygamy.
1. See Jacob 1:15; 2:23,24,27,31; 3:5; Mosiah 11:2-4; Ether 10:5,7.
D. The Book Of Mormon Contains a False Prophecy.
1. "And thus prophesied Joseph, saying: Behold, that seer will the Lord bless; and they that seek to destroy him shall be confounded..." (2 Nephi 3:14).
COMMENT: Smith's enemies were not confounded but successful when they desired to destroy him on June 27, 1844 in Carthage, Illinois!
E. The Book Of Mormon is Refuted by Anthropology.
1. The Smithsonian Institution's Dept. Of Anthropology declares the Americas did NOT have steel or horses BEFORE 1492! The Book of Mormon (600 B.C. to 421 A.D.) claims each.
a. Steel (1 Nephi 4:9).
b. Horses (Alma 18:9).
2. Gordon H. Fraser, anthropologist and ethnologist, agrees with the Smithsonian Institution and adds that copper (Mosiah 8:10) was unknown at that early date as referred to in the Book of Mormon!
F. The Book Of Mormon Allegedly Contains the Fullness of the Everlasting Gospel (Doc. & Cov. 27:5), but doesn't mention the following:
1. God the Mother, men can become gods, God is an exalted man, marriage for eternity, baptism for the dead, etc.
COMMENT: According to Doc. & Cov. 128:17, baptism for the dead is the "most glorious of all subjects belonging to the everlasting gospel." However, it's not even mentioned in the Book of Mormon!
G. The Book Of Mormon Wrongly Labeled The "Most Correct Book" (History of the Church, Vol. 4, p. 461).
1. The Book of Mormon had 3,913 changes from the original 1830 edition!
a. The 1830 edition of the Book of Mormon calls Joseph Smith the "author and proprietor."
H. The Book Of Mormon Claims Itself To Be UNtrustworthy.
1. May have errored (1 Nephi 19:6), wrote from memory (Ether 5:1), wrote to the best of THEIR knowledge (Jacob 7:26; Mormon 9:32), wrote as a result of HUMAN command (Mormon 8:1; Jacob 1:2), wrote what they considered precious (Jacob 1:2) and implies imperfection in their record (Mormon 9:32,33).
COMMENT: Unlike the Book of Mormon, the Bible claims itself to be the inspired Word of God. See 2 Tim. 3:16,17; 2 Pet. 1:21.
I. Three Witnesses For The Book of Mormon.
1. Martin Harris
a. Claimed he visited the moon (The Story of the Mormons, New York, 1902, p. 35).
b. Called "wicked" (Doc. & Cov. 3:12,13 and 10:6,7).
2. Oliver Cowdery
a. Was a thief (Letter quoted in Senate Document 189, Feb. 15, 1841, pp. 6-9).
b. Attempted counterfeiter (A History of the Latter-day Saints in Northern Missouri From 1836 to 1839, p. 146).
3. David Whitmer
a. Said in the Spring of 1838 the heads of the church and many of the members had gone deep into ERROR and BLINDNESS (An Address to all Believers in Christ, by David Whitmer, 1887, pp. 27,28).
b. Was likened unto a "dumb ass" by Joseph Smith (History of the Church, Vol. 3, p. 228).
4. All three apostatized (Journal of Discourses, Vol. 7, pp. 114,115).
Friend, there is no need to pray about the Book of Mormon or Mormonism in general in light of the aforementioned facts! To become a Christian, go directly to God in sincere, humble and repentant prayer asking for mercy because of your sins (Lk. 18:13). Know that Christ bought our salvation with His own blood (Isa. 53:6; Col. 1:14; Eph. 2:13). Place all 100% of your TRUST in Jesus for your salvation (Acts 16:30,31; Jn. 6:47; etc.) as you obey, follow and submit to Him (Lk. 9:23-26; Acts 20:21; Acts 10:43; etc.). Baptism and good works play no role in initial salvation (Eph. 2:8,9; Titus 3:5; Rom. 11:6). "We have come to share in Christ if we hold firmly till the end the confidence we had at first" (Heb. 3:14). Study your Bible and only the Bible to learn about salvation. The Book Of Mormon is not the word of God nor is it reliable.
Please pass this article on to a Mormon friend or anyone who has a Book of Mormon.
Return to top
A Mormon's Testimony
I am a victim of Mormonism as, I guess, many are. My husband took out our retirement savings to pay his so-called "tithing". I no longer have a companion. He censures movies, books, food, etc. He yelled at me because I put one of his "magic underwear" components on the floor. I'm left alone many times, especially on Sunday. When he first became a Mormon, he was not told about temple worship, magic underwear, the perverted doctrine that is normally withheld from investigators. I wonder if this deception or "bait and switch" technique of merchandising people's souls can be stopped. I know the Mormon church is big and rich from poor people's money who are scared they won't be admitted to the celestial kingdom, but maybe if enough people are appalled and scarred from Mormonism, a class action suit can be entered against this terrible pseudo-Christian religion.
Skull And Crossbones Awards For False Prophets And False Teachers
Plan Of Salvation
Devotion To Mary
Jehovah's Witnesses Beliefs Answered and Exposed
Contact Us Or Join Our Internet ChurchEvangelical Outreach
PO Box 265
Washington PA 15301