Below are six basic facts regarding how the Jehovah's Witnesses think about spiritual issues. Read them over and you will better understand their way of thinking. The last five points are really ramifications of the first, the foundational problem:
1. The Jehovah's Witnesses believe ONLY the Watchtower Society (their headquarters) can correctly interpret the Bible. Why? Because that is how the Watchtower Society taught them. In other words, the Watchtower Society has taught them only the Watchtower Society can correctly understand the Bible, but it wasn't that obvious as it was occurring. This is the one main error that has snared the Jehovah's Witnesses and opened them up for all the rest of their erroneous beliefs. That is what is inside the Jehovah's Witness mind.
2. Part of the Jehovah's Witnesses indoctrination from the Watchtower is: one must take in knowledge to get eternal life (from a misuse of John 17:3). For an explanation of John 17:3, click The Watchtower's Deadly Distortion of John 17:3. Hence, the JWs think one must believe the doctrines of the Watchtower Society to get eternal life.
3. Being consistent with the first two points, the Jehovah's Witnesses believe they must be part of “Jehovah's Organization” to get eternal life. (Jehovah's Organization to the JW is the Watchtower Society and the group of Jehovah's Witnesses they created.) Why? Because that is what the Watchtower Society taught them. [At times, the Jehovah's Witnesses will deny this point, but it can be easily proven by: (1) Asking them if they could still have eternal life outside the Society and (2) It's in their own literature.]
4. The Jehovah's Witnesses deny the Watchtower is a false prophet. Why? Because: (1) That is what the Watchtower Society taught them. The Jehovah's Witnesses refuse to take Deut. 18:21,22 for how it reads and try to minimize the Watchtower's false prophecies regarding the end of the world, armageddon, etc. for 1914, 1918, 1925, 1931, 1941, 1975, etc. (The Watchtower also, at times, denies being a prophet. Hence, at times they teach they are and at other times they are not!)
5. The Watchtower Society has produced a so-called Bible translation they call The New World Translation, which is filled with grammatical errors and is inconsistent, biased, deceitful and deadly, yet the Jehovah's Witnesses think it is the most accurate translation. Why? Because the Watchtower Society produced it. That is what is inside the Jehovah's Witness mind. Also, that so-called translation helps to (1) Conceal God's truth from the Jehovah's Witnesses and (2) Keeps them under the spiritual influence and power of the Watchtower Society.
6. In light of the aforementioned, especially point 1, the Watchtower Society changes their doctrines, important dates, etc. that they have believed and taught and continue to maintain a following.
Concisely stated, the Jehovah's Witnesses believe/teach whatever the Watchtower Society teaches in their literature. They do not read the Bible to seek out God's truth for themselves. Instead, they read Watchtower books, booklets, pamphlets, etc. and believe/teach what the Watchtower Society says about Scripture, which is grossly different and lethal to their souls and to the souls of others.
Former Jehovah's Witness Testimony
Jehovah's Witness Answered and Exposed
Find Peace With God
The 144,000 and The Jehovah's Witnesses
Contact Us Or Join Our Email ListEvangelical Outreach
PO Box 265
Washington PA 15301