[Permission is granted to duplicate this article in its entirety,
but only without additions, alterations or omissions of any kind,
including the author, ministry name and address at the end.
Nothing may be removed from this page including links to other pages.]
SMILEY Joel Osteen gets the Skull And Crossbones Award for his dangerous “positive” teachings! Please listen to his own words while on TV with Larry King. Click Joel Osteen and Larry King. You can verify the words below:
Larry King: Phoenix, Arizona. Hello.
Caller: Hello, Larry. You’re the best. And thank you, Joe, Joel, for your positive messages and your book. I’m wondering, though, why you cite that Larry’s earlier question about how we get to heaven. The Bible clearly tells us that Jesus is the way, the truth and the light and the only way to the Father is through him. And it’s not really a message of condemnation but of truth.
Joel Osteen: Yeah. I would agree with her. I believe that. That’s what you ....
Larry King: So then if you (?) was not going to heaven.
Joel Osteen: No. I, I ... Well, here’s my thing, Larry, is I can’t judge somebody’s heart, you know. I don’t know. Only God can look at somebody’s heart and so I don’t know. I just, to me it’s not my business to say, you know, this one or this one isn’t. I just say, "Here’s what the bible teaches," and I want to put my faith in, you know, in Christ, and I just, I think it’s wrong when you go around saying you know, "You’re not going, you’re not going, you’re not going" cause it’s not exactly my way. I’m just, I’m not going to be God.
Larry King: But you believe your way.
Joel Osteen: I believe my way. I believe my way with all my heart. But ah,
Larry King: So someone who doesn’t share it ...
Joel Osteen: Well,
Larry King: It’s wrong isn’t it ...
Joel Osteen: Well, I don’t know if I look at it like that. I would, I would present my way, but I’m just gonna let God be the judge of that. I mean, I don’t know. I don’t know.
Larry King: So you make no judgment on anyone?
Joel Osteen: No, but I ...
Larry King: What about atheist?
Joel Osteen: No, I just, you know what? I let, I let, someone, I’m gonna let God be the judge of who goes to heaven or hell. And I just again, I present the truth, and I say it every week, you know, I believe it’s a relationship with Jesus. But you know what? I’m not gonna go around telling everybody else, if they don’t want to believe that, that’s gonna be their choice. God’s gotta look at your own heart. God’s gotta look at your heart. And only God knows that.
1. Joel Osteen wants to remain positive in his messages rather than preaching the Bible’s message. (The Biblical emphasis is on TRUTH and SPIRITUAL REALITY, not being positive, especially since being positive from one man’s perspective can be much different from a different person’s view. Preachers are commanded to preach the word (2 Tim. 4:2) and often it can be very disturbing, especially to deceived people in SIN.)
2. Joel Osteen has a double message (like the Jehovah’s Witnesses, Catholics, eternal security teachers, etc.). The caller mentioned the Bible truth that Jesus is the only way to heaven. He said he agreed, then afterwards contradicted himself and the caller by saying he didn’t know about an atheist having salvation!
3. Smiley Joel Osteen uses the old, “I can’t judge somebody’s heart .... only God can look on somebody’s heart” phrase for his compromise. He then claims to present the truth! (This is another contradiction because he will not say an atheist, Muslim, Hindu, Catholic, witch, murderer, thief, liar, sexually immoral person, etc. will be cast into the lake of fire, UNLESS that person repents and commits to the Lord Jesus to follow him for initial salvation (Acts 20:21; 26:20; etc.) and endures to the end for final salvation (Mt. 10:22; Heb. 3:14; etc.). If Joel Osteen doesn’t know the plan of salvation he surely shouldn’t be preaching! Joel Osteen also doesn’t know if another person is saved or not, yet the Bible is clear:
This is how we know who the children of God are and who the children of the devil are: Anyone who does not do what is right is not a child of God; nor is anyone who does not love his brother. (1 John 3:10)
Furthermore, Paul knew a sorcerer (like Harry Potter) was a child of the devil, proving we can tell if another is unsaved by their present tense behavior:
You are a child of the devil and an enemy of everything that is right! You are full of all kinds of deceit and trickery. Will you never stop perverting the right ways of the Lord? (Acts 13:10)
Dear reader, if you have been programmed by Joel Osteen or even by any of the eternal security teachers, then you also need to know a Christian can tell if another is saved or not by their present tense behavior, as Scripture shows.
4. How can Joel Osteen say he doesn’t know if someone who disagrees with him is wrong, yet says he preaches the Bible. Doesn’t he know the Bible is final authority and 100% absolute truth? Joel Osteen's preaching is NOT the way New Testament preachers felt about their message. They knew the truth and declared it as fact for the benefit of others and in obedience to God.
5. Since Joel Osteen doesn’t know if he is right or wrong, he needs to resign and learn the Biblical message before he teaches another sermon. How can Joel Osteen refute those who oppose sound doctrine and thereby qualify for spiritual leadership (Titus 1:9) when he continues to spread his ear-tickling, positive, wishy-washy, lukewarm, dribble?
Joel Osteen, if you ever read this: Repent before God, then publicly renounce what you have been teaching for your own SOUL’S sake and the sake of others.
Ten Areas Of Roman Catholic Deception
The Dangers of the Ouija Board
Your View Of Scripture
The Greatest Danger Is Hell
Skull And Crossbones Awards For False Prophets And False Teachers
PO Box 265evangelicaloutreach.org
Washington, PA 15301