1. Would you be disfellowshipped today from the Watchtower Society, if you believed and taught their doctrines of 1920? _____YES _____NO.
Honest Questions For Those Who Love Jehovah With an Honest Heart
2. Would a Jehovah's Witness of 1920 have been disfellowshipped if he then believed and taught present-day Watchtower doctrines? _____YES _____NO.
3. Would a Jehovah's Witness living in 1913 have been disfellowshipped from the Watchtower if he believed and taught that 1914 was not going to be the "battle of the great day of God Almighty" or Armageddon, as the Society was then saying (Studies in the Scriptures, Vol. II, The Time Is At Hand, 1908 ed., pp. 101, 172 and 245)? _____YES _____NO.
4. Did you know that the Watchtower once taught that 1874 was the "exact date" of the Lord’s return (Studies in the Scriptures, Vol. II, The Time Is At Hand, 1908 ed., p. 170)? _____YES _____NO.
5. Could the 1874 "exact date" change to 1914? _____YES _____NO
6. Since the Watchtower’s doctrines and practices are continually changing, would you say that thousands of Jehovah's Witnesses in the past were not really "in the truth," as they confidently confessed, according to present-day Watchtower teachings? _____YES _____NO.
7. Have thousands of Jehovah's Witnesses died believing and teaching Watchtower "errors," according to present-day Watchtower teachings? _____YES _____NO.
8. Are you sure the same won’t happen to you? _____YES _____NO.
9. Are you sure the 144000 "born again" Jehovah’s Witnesses are really in Heaven, since they died believing and teaching false doctrine, according to present-day Watchtower teachings? _____YES _____NO.
10. Do you agree with the founder and first president of Jehovah’s Witnesses (Charles Taze Russell) who said that if one lays aside the Scripture Studies and goes to the Bible alone, "within two years he goes into darkness" (Watchtower, 9-15-10, p. 298)? _____YES _____NO. Psa. 119:130 says:The unfolding of your words gives light; it gives understanding to the simple.11. If Russell and other Watchtower presidents were not false prophets, as the Watchtower says, then why does Deut. 18:21,22 declare them to be such? ______I DON’T KNOW WHY _____ THEY WERE FALSE PROPHETS.
12. Jesus taught in Mt.7:17, "Every good tree produces fine fruit, but every rotten tree produces worthless fruit." That fact is just like saying every true prophet produces true prophecies and every false prophet produces false ________________.
13. Did you know the Watchtower claims to have the ability "to declare things to come" (Watchtower, 4-1-72, p. 197)? _____YES _____NO.
14. If the Watchtower's claim regarding this was true, would they ever have to admit to any of their false prophecies (or "mistakes" as called by some) or even try to conceal them entirely as they have also done? _____YES _____NO.
15. Did Isaiah, Ezekiel, Jeremiah, Daniel or any other true prophet ever have to admit to any of their false prophecies? _____YES _____NO.
16. Did you know that there is not a single Scripture found anywhere in the entire Bible which exonerates a false-prophecy-maker from being a false prophet, if he admits to his false prophecy (or "mistake" as called by some)? _____YES _____NO.
17. "True, there have been those in times past who predicted an ‘end to the world,’ even announcing a specific date .... Yet, nothing happened. The 'end' did not come. They were guilty of false prophesying. Why? What was missing? ... Missing from such people were God's truths and the evidence that he was guiding and using them" (Awake, 10-8-68, p. 23). _____TRUE _____FALSE.
18. Why doesn’t the Watchtower use the preceding bit of information on themselves? _____THE WATCHTOWER DOES _____THE WATCHTOWER HAS A DOUBLE STANDARD.
19. Did you know that Prov. 4:18 has nothing to do with prophecies? _____YES _____NO.
20. Does the Bible ever cite an example of a true prophet relying upon Prov. 4:18 to escape being branded a "false prophet"? _____YES _____NO.
21. Do false prophets make false prophecies? _____YES _____NO.
22. Does the evidence identify Zedekiah as a true prophet (2 Chron. 18, especially v. 10)? _____YES _____NO.
23. Does the evidence identify Micaiah as a true prophet (2 Chron. 18, especially v. 27)? _____YES _____NO.
24. Did both Zedekiah and Micaiah claim to speak God’s word? _____YES _____NO.
25. Does time reveal the false prophet? _____YES _____NO.
26. Does the evidence identify Hananiah as a true prophet (Jer. 28: 2-4)? _____YES _____NO.
27. Did he contradict Jeremiah’s prophecy in Jer. 25:11? _____YES _____NO.
28. Does Jer. 28:9 show a similarity between Hananiah and the Watchtower's many false predictions about 1,000 years of peace coming after Armageddon which was supposed to occur in 1914, then in 1918, then in 1925, then in 1941 and then in 1975? _____YES _____NO.
29. According to 1 John 5:12,13, only two categories of people, past and present, exists. Which category are you in? _____I HAVE JESUS _____I DON’T HAVE JESUS.
30. If you are really in the first group, did you know that you have (present tense) eternal life right now, according to 1 John 5:12,13? _____YES _____NO.
31. While it is certainly true that we "must endure to the end to be saved," "hold firmly till the end the confidence we had at first" and remain "faithful" to the point of death to avoid being thrown into the lake of fire (Mt. 10:22; Heb. 3:14; Rev. 2:10,11), we can still know we are saved presently like they did in first century Christianity, if we are currently putting into practice the Word of God (Lk. 8:21). _____TRUE _____FALSE.
32. Did the early Christians know they had present-tense salvation (Eph. 2:8,9; Titus 3:5; 2 Tim. 1:9; Rom. 5:1)? _____YES _____NO.
33. Have you gone to Jesus in prayer for eternal life, as John 5:40 recommends? _____YES _____NO.
34. The Bible teaches that we can go through Jesus to the Father, but it also teaches that we can also go to Jesus in prayer, that is, pray to Jesus as Stephen did (Acts 7:59)? _____YES _____NO.
35. In Acts 10:34-43, we read the Apostles Peter’s sermon that brought instant salvation to people who "received the word of God" (Acts 11:1). How much "accurate knowledge" did Cornelius and others have to take in to become Christians? _____MUCH _____NOT VERY MUCH.
36. Did they have to submit to a 6 month book study, then join an organization before they were "saved" (Acts 11:14)? _____YES _____NO.
37. Did you ever notice that the word "know" in John 17:3 is not referring to intellectual knowledge, but instead a personal relationship? (Compare to Matt. 7:23.) _____YES _____NO.
38. How long after Peter’s short sermon was it before they qualified for Christian water baptism (Acts 10:43-48)? _____IMMEDIATELY _____AFTER A SYSTEMATIC STUDY OF THE SCRIPTURES.
39. When Paul and Silas were asked, "Sirs, what must I do to be saved?" (Acts 16:30), why didn’t they inform the ignorant, heathen jailer that he would have to submit to an extended study and join their organization before he could ever have the hope (not certainty) of present tense salvation? _____THEY DID ANSWER THAT WAY _____ BECAUSE SALVATION COMES INSTANTLY WHEN WE EXTEND A TRUSTING-SUBMITTING FAITH IN JESUS CHRIST.
40. Did Paul and Silas say that he’d have to "believe on" the Father or the Son to be saved (Acts 16:31)? _____THE FATHER _____THE SON.
41. Why did they answer that definite, instant salvation would come, if the jailer would meet the condition, since the Watchtower Society doesn’t teach this way? _____PAUL AND SILAS WERE WRONG _____THE WATCHTOWER IS A FALSE PROPHET. (See the Watchtower Society’s requirements for salvation, as stated in the Watchtower, 2-15-83, pp. 12,13.)
42. Should you remain loyal to an organization that teaches contrary to the Bible regarding salvation (and many other things) and is a Bible-defined false prophet trying to conceal its real identity? _____YES _____NO.
43. Are you going to try to forget about these Watchtower inconsistencies, deceptions, false prophecies, false claims and damnable heresies created by Charles T Russell and his successors? _____YES _____NO.
44. Are you willing to read only the New Testament for yourself and no other literature with it to find the real truth, as it was taught by Jesus and his apostles? _____YES _____NO.
45. If you were wrong, would you change? _____YES _____NO.
A Former Jehovah's Witness Testimony
The Watchtower's Deadly Distortion of John 17:3
The Jehovah's Witness Mind
A Heavyweight Jehovah's Witness Embarrassment - The Finished Mystery
Point People To Jesus For Salvation
Contact Us Or Join Our Internet ChurchEvangelical Outreach
PO Box 265
Washington, PA 15301