[Permission is granted to duplicate this article in its entirety,
but only without additions, alterations or omissions of any kind,
including the author, ministry name and address at the end.
Nothing may be removed from this page including links to other pages.]
A. False prophet (Deut. 18:21,22).
1. On Feb. 14, 1835 he said, "... go forth to prune the vineyard for the last time, or the coming of the lord, which was nigh even fifty-six years should wind up the scene" (History of the Church, Vol. 2, p. 182).
"On the 14th of Feb. 1835, Joseph Smith uaid [said] that God had revealed to him that the coming of Christ would be within 56 years, which added to 1835 shows that before 1891 and the 14th of Feb. the Savior of the world would make his appearance again upon the earth and the winding up scene take place" (Journal of Oliver Boardman Huntington, Vol. 2, pp. 128,129).
2. Said the moon's inhabitants were of uniform height (about 6 ft. tall), dressed like Quakers and lived nearly 1,000 years (Journal of Oliver B. Huntington, Vol. 3, p. 166 of typed copy at Utah State Historical Society and The Young Woman's Journal, pub. by the Young Ladies' Mutual Improvement Associations of Zion, 1892, Vol. 3, pp. 263,264.)
3. Referring to Oliver Granger we read, "... his name shall be had in sacred remembrance from generation to generation, forever and ever, saith the Lord" (Doc. & Cov. 117:12.). WHY have most Mormons never heard of Oliver Granger?
4. On April 17, 1838, Joseph prophesied that David W. Patten would perform a mission for him the next Spring (Doc. & Cov. 114:1). However, David Patten died before Spring came! See History of the Church, Vol. 3, p. 171, 10-25-38.
B. Preached "another gospel" (Gal. 1:8,9).
1. Joseph Smith, Jr.'s gospel included water baptism (Doc. & Cov. 39:6). The Apostle Paul EXCLUDED baptism from the Gospel, 1 Cor. 1:17. See also Acts 10 where Cornelius and others were saved BEFORE water baptism.
2. Joseph Smith, Jr., said "Nevertheless, he that repents and does the commandments of the Lord shall be forgiven," Doc. & Cov. 1:32. 2 Nephi 25:23b also says, "...for we know that it is by grace that we are saved, AFTER ALL WE CAN DO." The Bible does say we must repent (Lk. 13:3; Acts 17:30; 20:21). James 2 teaches that a living faith (one that will save) will have works with it, as opposed to a "dead" faith which doesn't. Nonetheless, it's still our faith (or trust) in Christ that will save us from Hell. See Acts 10:43; 13:38,39; 1 Cor 15:17 and Jn. 6:47. Finally, Rom. 2:7 states, "To those who by persistence in doing good seek glory, honor and immortality, he will give eternal life."
3. Joseph Smith, Jr. said, "Abraham received concubines, and they bore him children; and it was accounted unto him for righteousness ..." (Doc. & Cov. 132:37). In contrast, Paul, James and Moses all said that Abraham became righteous because he believed God! See Gal. 3:6; Rom. 4:3; James 2:23 and Gen. 15:6. Who will you believe?
C. Violated the Word of Wisdom (Doc. & Cov. 89).
1. Drank wine (History of the Church, Vol. 2, p. 369; Vol. 6, p. 616) and beer (Millennial Star, Vol. 23, p. 720).
D. Contradicted the Book of Mormon (Moroni 8:18).
1. "We have imagined and supposed that God was God from all eternity, I will refute that idea, and take away the veil, so that you may see" (Teachings of the Prophet Joseph Smith, compiled by Joseph Fielding Smith, p. 345).
E. Was proud and boastful.
1. "I have more to boast of than ever any man had. I am the only man that has ever been able to keep a whole church together since the days of Adam. A large majority of the whole have stood by me. Neither Paul, John, Peter nor Jesus ever did it. I boast that no man ever did such a work as I. The followers of Jesus ran away from Him; but the Latter-day Saints never ran away from me yet" (History of the Church, Vol. 6, pp. 408, 409). COMMENT: "God resisteth the proud" (1 Pet. 5:5).
F. Claims he saw God the Father (Joseph Smith 2:17).
1. His experience is refuted by 1 Tim. 6:16; Jn. 5:37 and 1 Jn. 4:20. Did you know that Satan can produce visions to deceive? See 2 Cor. 11:14, 15 and Jer. 14:14.
G. Practiced divination (Deut. 18:9-14).
1. The Book of Mormon was translated this way by the "seer stone" (An Address To All Believers In Christ, by David Whitmer, p. 12).
H. Falsely said, "I am going like a lamb to the slaughter" (Doc. & Cov. 135:4).
1. Joseph Smith, Jr. killed at least two before he was shot to death (History of the Church, Vol. 7, pp. 100-103). A martyr doesn't offer resistance! See Stephen's death, Acts 7:54-60.
Please pass this article on to a Mormon friend.
Return to top
A Mormon's Wife Testifies:
I am a victim of Mormonism as, I guess, many are. My husband took out our retirement savings to pay his so-called "tithing". I no longer have a companion. He censures movies, books, food, etc. He yelled at me because I put one of his "magic underwear" components on the floor. I'm left alone many times, especially on Sunday. When he first became a Mormon, he was not told about temple worship, magic underwear, the perverted doctrine that is normally withheld from investigators. I wonder if this deception or "bait and switch" technique of merchandising people's souls can be stopped. I know the Mormon church is big and rich from poor people's money who are scared they won't be admitted to the celestial kingdom, but maybe if enough people are appalled and scared from Mormonism, a class action suit can be entered against this terrible pseudo-Christian religion.
Should You Pray About The Book Of Mormon?
Baptized For The Dead
Book of Mormon
Contact Us Or Join Our Email ListEvangelical Outreach
PO Box 265
Washington PA 15301