[Permission is granted to duplicate this article in its entirety,
but only without additions, alterations or omissions of any kind,
including the author, ministry name and address at the end.
Nothing may be removed from this page including links to other pages.]
On May 24, 2011, Harold Camping (the May 21, 2011 Rapture false prophet) tried to cover up what he said and refuses to take responsibility for the vast damage he has done to untold lives through his most recent false prophecy. The following Harold Camping apology is no real apology at all. He continues to reflect a deceived heart. He remains cemented to a spirit of error, to his own shame and spiritual detriment, not to mention the body of Christ, which many think he remains part of.
To hear Harold Camping’s words directly, click Harold Camping’s NO Apology. Below is the transcript of what Harold Camping said there:
On May 21, 2011 we didn't feel any different. We didn't see any difference in the world. But we know from the Bible that God brought Judgment Day to bear on the whole world. The whole world is under Judgment Day. And this is a, and it will continue right up until October 21, 2011. And at that time the whole world will be destroyed. God had not opened their eyes yet to the fact that May 21 was a spiritual coming what, whereas we had thought was a physical coming. But he has come! He has come in a sense that he now has the world under judgment.
People want me to apologize. I can apologize, yes. I did not have all of that worked out exactly as I should have or I wish I could have had it. That doesn't bother me at all because I'm not a genius. I do, I pray all the time for wisdom and when I make an error, then I admit it. I say, yes I was wrong. But I can't be responsibility of anybody's life. I'm only teaching the Bible. I'm not teaching what I believe or as that I'm the authority. I'm simply, this is what the Bible said. And, I don't have spiritual rule over anybody, except my wife. (http://news.yahoo.com/video/us-15749625/first-person-new-date-for-doomsday-25324023)
That Doesn't Bother Me at All
1. Harold Camping is cleverly trying to conceal his false prophecy. Rather than sincerely repenting and asking God for mercy and forgiveness as well from the people who trusted him and that he misled, Harold Camping is only essentially saying that he was wrong on a slight technicality—that being May 21, 2011 was the spiritual coming of Jesus, not his physical coming! In other words, Harold Camping was not really wrong for the most part. His error was only minor, that is, in the way Jesus came on May 21, 2011. Jesus came spiritually, because Harold Camping says so!
Folks, that kind of Harold Camping apology is almost identical to what the founder of the Jehovah’s Witnesses, Charles Taze Russell, said after his 1914 false prophecy about Amegeddon, as referred to in Rev. 16:14:
... the 'battle of the great day of God Almighty' (Rev. 16:14), which will end in A.D. 1914 with the complete overthrow of earth's present rulership is already commenced. (The Time is at Hand, Studies in the Scriptures, Vol. 2, 1908 ed., p. 101)
[FYI: After the 1914 Charles Taze Russell false prophecy about Armageddon, the Watchtower has been saying 1914 is when Jesus started to invisibly reign in the heavenlies, but only the eyes of understanding, such as the Watchtower leaders, are able to tell it! Just like old Harold Camping with Jesus’ spiritual return on May 21, 2011!]
The same dangerous and deceiving false prophet spirit, which has influence over millions, is reflected in both Harold Camping and the Watchtower Society of the Jehovah’s Witnesses, even though their main doctrines are poles apart! Harold Camping is DANGEROUS just like other false prophets. Take WARNING!
2. Harold Camping now admits he wrongly prophesied a physical return of Christ on May 21, 2011, but said nothing about the following part of his May 21, 2011 prophecy:
... all of the true believers will be caught up to be with him.
[Click Harold Camping May 21, 2011 to read his actual words about that and much more, including an audio excerpt of him saying those words.]
WHY didn’t Harold Camping admit to that error too, since he claims to admit his errors. Before May 21, 2011 Harold Camping was saying everyone would know that event because of the physical and observable evidence of Christians being removed from the Earth.
3. Harold Camping is still maintaining that October 21, 2011 will be the end of the age, as he said before his May 21, 2011 false prophecy. He thinks he was right, adamantly maintains it and thereby denies any error!
4. Harold Camping still maintains he is only teaching the Bible! If that was true, then everything he taught to the tiniest detail would have occurred because the Bible is error-free. Harold Camping is NOT teaching the Bible at all. He says he is, but his multiple errors prove otherwise. Don’t let that deceiver, deceive you about that too.
5. What exactly did Harold Camping apologize for and admit error to? Here is what he said again, as repeated from above. What Harold Camping actually meant is in brackets for clarification:
... People want me to apologize. I can apologize, yes. [I didn’t know Jesus would come back spiritually and invisibly on May 21, 2011.] I did not have all of that [Jesus’ spiritual return] worked out exactly as I should have or I wish I could have had it. That [minor detail of his spiritual return rather than his physical return] doesn't bother me at all because I'm not a genius. I do, I pray all the time for wisdom and when I make an error, then I admit it. I say, yes I was wrong [about his physical return. I wasn’t essentially wrong. I'm only teaching the Bible].
Through Harold Camping
ALL false prophets are dangerous people and deceivers. Harold Camping is no exception. No doubt the financially ruined lives of the people who cashed in their life’s savings to spread the Camping May 21, 2011 false prophecy are many. There is even clear proof that at least one mother tried to kill her daughters and herself because of the coming tribulation she was misled to believe in! For all of that and more Harold Camping rightly earned the Skull and Crossbones Award. Watch out for false prophets (Mt. 24:11), like Harold Camping! He will yet do more harm! Pass this warning on to others. God bless you.
Wolf in Sheep's Clothing graphic is Copyrighted Evangelical Outreach
Bible Answers To Bible Questions
The Antichrist, False Prophet and Mark of the Beast (Rev. 13:1-18)
The Rosary and The Born Again Catholic
Contact Us Or Join Our Internet ChurchEvangelical Outreach
PO Box 265
Washington PA 15301