One of the precious truths of God is the unsurpassable importance of Jesus’ blood. There is nothing in all of creation that can equal it or even come close. It was his blood shed on the cross that brings about various spiritual blessings, including salvation itself. In fact, only his blood can achieve these vital spiritual needs. Hence, for people to say Jesus is only one of various ways to enter God’s kingdom is to horribly downplay the precious, cleansing and redeeming blood of the Lamb of God and flatly contradict Scriptures such as John 14:6 and Acts 4:12.
The Biblical Truth About Jesus' Blood
If you have never noticed the importance of Jesus’ blood, the next several minutes should be very important and informative.
How YOU Can Contact Jesus' Holy Cleansing Blood
Let there be no doubt about this—Jesus is not just another good teacher, prophet or servant of God. He is the sinless Lamb of God and all-sufficient sacrifice for sins, who alone could save us from hell’s fires. His blood was shed once on the cross in a never to be repeated act for man’s redemption. He is the only Savior and our only hope beyond the grave.
The fact that he is the only hope of mankind especially manifests when Jesus prayed to the Father in Gethsemane for him to remove the cup from him. In spite of him asking three times, it still wasn’t removed, for there was no other solution. Jesus had to go to the cross and shed his blood there to gain the victory for us, not for himself. He already had victory over the devil. Jesus is the Lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world. He is our Passover Lamb.
Foundational, therefore, to true Christianity are the following facts about the priceless blood of Christ. Scripture declares:
There Is Power In The Blood Of Jesus
● Since we have now been justified by his blood, how much more shall we be saved from God’s wrath through him! (Rom 5:9)
● In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, in accordance with the riches of God's grace (Eph 1:7)
● But now in Christ Jesus you who once were far away have been brought near through the blood of Christ. (Eph 2:13)
● and through him to reconcile to himself all things, whether things on earth or things in heaven, by making peace through his blood, shed on the cross. (Col 1:20)
● How much more, then, will the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself unblemished to God, cleanse our consciences from acts that lead to death, so that we may serve the living God! (Heb 9:14)
● And so Jesus also suffered outside the city gate to make the people holy through his own blood. (Heb 13:12)
● For you know that it was not with perishable things such as silver or gold that you were redeemed from the empty way of life handed down to you from your forefathers, but with the precious blood of Christ, a lamb without blemish or defect. (1 Pet 1:18,19)
● But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus, his Son, purifies us from all sin. (1 John 1:7)
● To him who loves us and has freed us from our sins by his blood, (Rev 1:5)
● And he said, “These are they who have come out of the great tribulation; they have washed their robes and made them white in the blood of the Lamb.” (Rev 7:14)
● They overcame him by the blood of the Lamb and by the word of their testimony; they did not love their lives so much as to shrink from death. (Rev 12:11)
● Keep watch over yourselves and all the flock of which the Holy Spirit has made you overseers. Be shepherds of the church of God, which he bought with his own blood. (Acts 20:28)
● God presented him as a sacrifice of atonement, through faith in his blood. He did this to demonstrate his justice, because in his forbearance he had left the sins committed beforehand unpunished (Rom 3:25)
● Therefore, brothers, since we have confidence to enter the Most Holy Place by the blood of Jesus, (Heb 10:19)
Because of the blood of Christ shed on the cross we have:
○ justification and the
○ freedom from sin addictions,
○ forgiveness of sins and peace with God, which come when we turn from sins and place a faith in Jesus that will trust and obey him.
We contact Jesus’ blood, in a spiritual way, when we repent and place a submissive faith in him to follow and obey him. Jesus’ precious blood also:
How To Contact Jesus' Blood
○ cleanses our consciences so we may serve God,
○ makes us holy,
○ purifies us from sin,
○ frees us from sins,
○ is what purchased us for God (if we are true Christians),
○ washes white our spiritual robes,
○ and is the means of overcoming the devil along with the word of our testimony and not loving our lives so much as to shrink from death.
Clearly, the blood of Jesus Christ shed on the cross is necessary for one to have salvation. But that is not all. Scripture declares something else. In heaven they sing to Jesus about his blood and what it has accomplished:
And they sang a new song: “You are worthy to take the scroll and to open its seals, because you were slain, and with your blood you purchased men for God from every tribe and language and people and nation.” (Rev. 5:9)
Now on the negative side, we learn something else in Scripture:
If we deliberately keep on sinning after we have received the knowledge of the truth, no sacrifice for sins is left, but only a fearful expectation of judgment and of raging fire that will consume the enemies of God. Anyone who rejected the law of Moses died without mercy on the testimony of two or three witnesses. How much more severely do you think a man deserves to be punished who has trampled the Son of God under foot, who has treated as an unholy thing the blood of the covenant that sanctified him, and who has insulted the Spirit of grace? (Heb 10:26-29)
Some who had been previously sanctified by the blood of Christ sinned in a special and horrible way to the place where they had become enemies of God again. Raging fire was awaiting them and not a paradise kingdom prepared by God for the righteous. It is, therefore, clearly possible to lose our righteous and holy standing before God brought about by the blood of Christ at salvation and get back on the road to hell again. We are in a very intense spiritual war and we must remain on our spiritual guard.
We should never forget these precious truths about Jesus’ bloody sin-sacrifice at Calvary for our redemption and that it is possible to become an enemy of God again after genuine salvation. The Bible says in Hebrews 3:14:
We have come to share in Christ if we hold firmly till the end the confidence we had at first.Never forget that or these precious truths about Jesus' blood!
Aliens and Religion Do NOT Mix
Jesus Love -- God's Love Demonstrated
Prepare For Death
Freed From Sin Addictions
Bible Answers To Bible Questions
Contact Us Or Join Our Internet ChurchEvangelical Outreach PO Box 265 Washington, PA 15301