Is Halloween (or Samhain in witchcraft) innocent or a dark practice that should be hated, avoided, not imitated and exposed by Christians? Here are four basic facts associated with Halloween:
2. At the very heart of Halloween is the occult. (Halloween is the biggest day for witches and is associated with reincarnation, a non-Christian belief which denies the resurrection, judgment, heaven and hell.)
3. Halloween reeks with evil, even from a secular point of view—demons, witches, the devil, fairies, haunted houses, zombies, ghost stories, etc.
4. Vandalism increases on Halloween.
● When you enter the land the LORD your God is giving you, do not learn to imitate the detestable ways of the nations there. Let no one be found among you who sacrifices his son or daughter in the fire, who practices divination or sorcery, interprets omens, engages in witchcraft, or casts spells, or who is a medium or spiritist or who consults the dead. Anyone who does these things is detestable to the LORD, and because of these detestable practices the LORD your God will drive out those nations before you. (Deu 18:9-12)
● Dear friend, do not imitate what is evil but what is good. (3 John 1:11)
● Test everything. Hold on to the good. Avoid every kind of evil. (1 Th 5:21,22)
● Love must be sincere. Hate what is evil; cling to what is good. (Rom. 12:9)
● Have nothing to do with the fruitless deeds of darkness, but rather expose them. (Eph 5:11)
● But the cowardly, the unbelieving, the vile, the murderers, the sexually immoral, those who practice magic arts, the idolaters and all liars—their place will be in the fiery lake of burning sulfur. This is the second death. (Rev 21:8)
● Many of those who believed now came and openly confessed their evil deeds. A number who had practiced sorcery brought their scrolls together and burned them publicly. When they calculated the value of the scrolls, the total came to fifty thousand drachmas. (Acts 19:18,19)
According to the Celtic religion, October 31 is the last day of their year and when spirits flood the countryside. It is supposed to be the best time to contact spirits. That has led to the various Halloween symbols and evil practices (including divination and even human sacrifice among the Satanists).
TRICK OR TREAT originally meant giving food to appease evil spirits or something bad like property damage would occur to your house.
Jack o’lantern pumpkins, black cat pictures, bobbing for apples, dressing in scary costumes and bon fires are all part of Halloween and have a religious origin. GOD BLESS YOU.
Evangelical Outreach Alphabetical Map
PO Box 265
Washington, PA 15301