Almighty Is Used Only In Reference To GodThe adjective "Almighty" is found many times in the Bible and is used only in connection with God. This word, like the word forever, is often passed over with very little affect upon the reader unless he meditates upon it. In creation, we can see the awesomeness of God's power. Psa. 19:1 reads:The heavens declare the glory of God; the skies proclaim the work of his hands.Recently, I checked some astronomy books to get details about the universe that ALMIGHTY God created. (Astronomy is NOT astrology, which is an occultic practice forbidden by the Bible. Astronomy is a branch of science, like biology and physics, but deals with the heavenly bodies.) The findings were astounding, especially from the Christian view that God is responsible for it. Science declares the following:
- Alpha Centauri is the nearest star to our sun, about 4.3 light years away, or 25.3 trillion miles! This is the nearest star! (A light year is the distance that light travels in the course of a year at its rate of 186,000 miles per second, which comes to approximately 6 trillion miles. Light can travel around our planet seven times in less than one second!)
- Andromeda is the nearest large galaxy to our galaxy, the Milky Way. It is 2.2 million light years away! In other words, if you were traveling 186,000 miles per second for 2.2 million years, you would reach the outer fringes of Andromeda! Remember, this is the next NEAREST galaxy to ours! There are an estimated 20 billion galaxies in the universe! Think of how vast the universe is. The average galaxy has approximately 300,000 million stars in it. Our galaxy has only about 100,000 million to 300,000 million stars, depending upon the source of information. Its diameter is about 100,000 light years.
- The universe is EXPANDING and has an estimated diameter of 30 billion light years. How did all this get here? ALMIGHTY God spoke it into existence! He created it out of nothing. These awesome statistics, when contemplated upon, produce:
This is the One you call upon in prayer. He is our loving and merciful Father, who will rejoice over us with singing (Zeph. 3:17), if we are truly His. See Acts 20:21. Yet, He won't be mocked (Gal. 6:7,8). When we meditate upon His greatness, our values change toward the eternal.
- Great fear of God. See Psa. 2:11 and Isa. 66:2.
- Comfort for the righteous who know, "If God is for us, who can be against us?" (Rom 8:31) and
- Humility in view of this being that we call God, who did all this.
In conclusion, I asked myself what could such a super-intelligent ALMIGHTY God being want from me? The answer is simple: the only thing we can do for Him is to OBEY HIM and TRUST HIS PROMISES, as found in the Bible. YHWH is the God of miracles. He is almighty God! There is great power in prayer when we pary to this almighty God.
Skull And Crossbones Awards For False Prophets And False Teachers
The Bible Is Final Authority
Plan Of Salvation
Angels, Demons and Satan
Contact Us Or Join Our Internet ChurchEvangelical Outreach
PO Box 265
Washington, PA 15301