Jehovahs Witnesses And Their Beliefs
Transcript Jehovah's Witnesses and Their Beliefs
Understanding and Refuting Jehovah's Witnesses, Part 1 (audio message)Jehovah's Witnesses and the Name Jehovah
Understanding and Refuting Jehovah's Witnesses, Part 2 (audio message)
The Jesus of the Jehovah's Witnesses:
Is He Better Than The Angels?
The Watchtower Society: Jehovah's Organization or False Prophet?
(pdf, change printer setting to legal-landscape)
How can we KNOW for certain if the Watchtower Society of Jehovah's Witnesses is a dangerous false prophet or not?"And IF thou say in thine heart, HOW SHALL WE KNOW the word which the LORD hath not spoken? When a prophet speaketh in the name of the LORD, if the thing follow not, nor come to pass, that is the thing which the LORD hath not spoken, but the prophet hath spoken it presumptuously: thou shall not be afraid of him" (Deut. 18: 21, 22).
Notice: There are only two points to consider to "know" a false prophet: (1) Does he speak in the name of the LORD? (2) Did the thing predicted fail to come to pass?
Point 1. The Watchtower Society's claim to be Jehovah's Prophet.
"More accurately, was there any group on whom Jehovah would be willing to bestow the commission to speak as a 'prophet' in His name, as was done toward Ezekiel back there in 613 B.C.E.? (The Watchtower, 3-15-72, p. 189). "It is of importance to every individual on earth to identify the group that Jehovah has commissioned as his 'servant' or messenger.... For this reason forthcoming issues of The Watchtower will further discuss the identity and work of Jehovah's commissioned messenger as revealed in His vision to Ezekiel" (The Watchtower, 3-15-72, p. 190). "So, does Jehovah have a prophet to help them, to warn them of dangers and to declare things to come? These questions can be answered in the affirmative. Who is this prophet? ...This 'prophet' was not one man, but was a body of men and women. It was the small group of footstep followers of Jesus Christ, known at that time as International Bible Students. Today they are known as Jehovah's Christian witnesses... Of course, it is easy to say that this group acts as a 'prophet' of God. It is another thing to prove it. The only way that this can be done is to review the record. What does it show? (The Watchtower, 4-1-72, p. 197). "The scroll was doubtless delivered to Ezekiel by the hand of one of the cherubs in the vision. This would indicate that Jehovah's witnesses today make their declaration of the good news of the Kingdom under angelic direction and support. (Rev. 14:6, 7; Matt. 25:31, 32) And since no word or work of Jehovah can fail, for he is God Almighty, the nations will see the fulfillment of what these witnesses say as directed from heaven. Yes, the time must come shortly that the nations will have to know that really a 'prophet' of Jehovah was among them." (The Watchtower, 4-1-72, p. 200).
Point 2. Things the Watchtower said that "followed not."
"Our Lord, the appointed King, is now present, since October 1874, A.D., according to the testimony of the prophets, to those who have ears to hear it." (The Battle of Armageddon, Studies in the Scriptures, Vol. 4, 1897 ed., p. 621)
"...the 'battle of the great day of God Almighty' (Rev. 16:14), which will end in A.D. 1914 with the complete overthrow of earth's present rulership is already commenced." (The Time is at Hand, Studies in the Scriptures, Vol. 2, 1908 ed., p. 101)
"Therefore we may confidently expect that 1925 will mark the return of Abraham, Isaac, Jacob and the faithful prophets of old, particularly those named by the Apostle in Hebrews chapter eleven, to the condition of human perfection." (Millions Now Living Will Never Die, pp. 89,90)
"The year 1925 is a date definitely and clearly marked in the Scriptures, even more clearly than that of 1914." (The Watchtower, 7-15-24, p. 211)
"Our thought is, that 1925 is definitely settled by the Scriptures....As to Noah, the Christian now has much more upon which to base his faith than Noah had...." (The Watchtower, 4-1-23, p. 106) [Question: Was the Society wrong here about what is "definitely settled" by the Scriptures and what is not? Also, could they be wrong in other areas too, regarding what the Scriptures teach?]
"It is to be expected that Satan will try to inject into the minds of the consecrated the thought that 1925 should see an end of the work.... Diligence now and to the end seems absolutely essential to victory." (The Watchtower, 9-1-25, p. 262)
"Some anticipated that the work would end in 1925, but the Lord did not so state." (The Watchtower, 8-1-26, p. 232)
"There was a measure of disappointment on the part of Jehovah's faithful ones on earth concerning the years 1914, 1918, and 1925, which disappointment lasted for a time....they also learned to quit fixing dates..." (Vindication, Book I, 1931 ed., pp. 338, 339)
"Receiving the gift, the marching children clasped it to them, not a toy or plaything for idle pleasure, but the Lord's provided instrument for most effective work in the remaining months before Armageddon." (The Watchtower, 9-15-41, p. 288)
"True, there have been those in times past who predicted an 'end to the world,' even announcing a specific date.... Yet, nothing happened. The 'end' did not come. They were guilty of false prophesying. Why? What was missing?.... Missing from such people were God's truths and the evidence that he was guiding and using them." (Awake, 10-8-68, p. 23)
"The facts show that the angels of the Lord with him at his temple have been thus rendering service unto the remnant since 1919." (Vindication, p. 250)
"Jehovah God has also provided his visible organization, his 'faithful and discreet slave,' made up of spirit-anointed ones, to help Christians in all nations to understand and apply properly the Bible in their lives. Unless we are in touch with this channel of communication that God is using, we will not progress along the road to life, no matter how much Bible reading we do." (The Watchtower, 12-1-81, p. 27)
The Importance of Eve's Creation to 1975
The Watchtower Society claims Armageddon will come within 6,000 years after the date of Eve's creation. In other words, if we add 6,000 years to the date of Eve's creation we will arrive at the date of the end of the world. The Watchtower declares there is but one problem, that is, no one knows the date of Eve's creation. However, this was NOT a problem BEFORE September 1975! The reason for this cover-up is obvious!
This is what the Watchtower said about Eve's creation and 1975 AFTER Sept. 1975
"Although the time of Adam's creation can be determined, the beginning of God's 'rest day' cannot. This is so because there was a time lapse of unspecified length between Adam's creation and the creation of Eve. Not until after the creation of Eve did God's 'rest day' begin. The start of that day being unknown, its end is likewise unknown." (The Watchtower, 1-1-76, p. 30)
"Does this mean, then, that mankind has not reached 6,000 years into the 7,000-year period that God 'blessed and made sacred' as his great 'rest day'? Does it mean that Christ's millennial Kingdom rule, as the final 1,000 years of that 'rest day,' is to be reckoned from September 1975?-Gen. 1:27, 31; 2:2,3; Rev. 20:1-6. No, it does not mean that. Why not? Well, the Bible record shows that God's creations on the 'day' just preceding that 7,000-year 'rest day' did not end with Adam's creation. It shows a time lapse between the creation of Adam and that of his wife, Eve. During that time, God had Adam name the animals. Whether that period amounted to weeks or months or years, we do not know. So we do not know exactly when Jehovah's great 'rest day' began, nor do we know exactly when it will end. The same applies to the beginning of Christ's millennial reign." (The Watchtower, 10-1-75, p. 579)
Eve's Creation and 1975 BEFORE 1975
"According to reliable Bible chronology, Adam and Eve were created in 4026 B.C.E." (Awake!, 10-8-68, p. 14)
"Therefore, God's seventh day and the time man has been on earth apparently run parallel. To calculate where man is in the stream of time relative to God's seventh day of 7,000 years, we need to determine how long a time has elapsed from the year of Adam and Eve's creation in 4026 B.C.E. ....Thus, eight years remain to account for a full 6,000 years of the seventh day. Eight years from the autumn of 1967 would bring us to the autumn of 1975, fully 6,000 years into God's seventh day, his rest day." (The Watchtower, 5-1-68, p. 271)
"At the age of 130 another son was born to her. Eve called his name Seth...." (Aid to Bible Understanding, 1971 ed., p. 538). If this information is compared to the chart in the lower right-hand corner of page 333 of the same volume, one will see, "From Adam's creation to the birth of Seth" was "130 years". Hence, both Adam and Eve were 130 years old when Seth was born, implying they were both created in the same year.
"It would not be by mere chance or accident but would be according to the loving purpose of Jehovah God for the reign of Jesus Christ, the 'Lord of the sabbath,' to run parallel with the seventh millennium of man's existence." (Life Everlasting-In Freedom of the Sons of God, p. 30)
"Even if one cannot see beyond 1975, is this any reason to be less active? The apostles could not see even this far; they knew nothing about 1975....If they had delayed or dillydallied and had been complacent with the idea the end was some thousands of years off they would never have finished running the race set before them." (The Watchtower, 8-15-68, p. 501)
"Yes, the end of this system is so very near! Is that not reason to increase our activity?...Reports are heard of brothers selling their homes and property and planning to finish out the rest of their days in this old system in the pioneer service. Certainly this is a fine way to spend the short time remaining before the wicked world's end." (Kingdom Ministry, May 1974, p. 3) [Question: Was this sound counsel offered by the Society? What do you think happened to those who sold their homes and property and spent all the money, after it was apparent that they were misled about 1975? What would you have done if it was you?]
The Deut. 18:21,22 Prophet Test and More
Read Deut. 18:20-22 for questions 1-6. (This is also the PROPHET TEST, according to the following Watchtower publications: "Aid to Bible Understanding," 1971 ed., p. 1348; "Make Sure Of All Things Hold Fast To What Is Fine," 1965 ed., p. 394 and "Sermon Outlines," p. 8.) "But it may be asked, How are we to know whether one is a true or a false prophet? There are at least three ways by which we can positively decide: (1) If he is a true prophet, his message will come to pass exactly as prophesied. If he is a false prophet, his prophecy will fail to come to pass." (THE WATCHTOWER, 5-15-30, p. 154)
(1) According to Deut 18:20-22, what are the ONLY TWO CONSIDERATIONS GIVEN BY JEHOVAH to "KNOW" a true prophet from a false prophet? (v.22) (a) __________ (b) __________.
NOTICE: There are only true prophets and false prophets. The Bible doesn't mention a third class being someone who "speaks as a prophet!"
(2) Is more than one false prophecy needed to identify a false prophet, when he speaks in the name of the LORD? ____YES ____NO.
(3) Does admitting to the false prophecy ("mistake" as called by some) have anything to do with clearing someone from being a false prophet? (v.22) ____YES ____NO. (The Watchtower claims to admit their "mistakes" regarding dates. However, since they don't admit to their 1975 "mistake," are they telling the truth? ____YES ____NO.)
(4) Did Isaiah, Ezekiel, Jeremiah, Daniel, Amos, or any Bible prophet have to admit to any of their false prophecies? ____YES _____NO. Did they ever have to rely on Prov. 4:18, as The Watchtower Society tries to? ____YES ____NO.
(5) Could Prov. 4:18 be a factor to consider to know a false prophet, since Jehovah gave only two considerations and this wasn't one of them? (v.22) ____YES ____NO, Proverbs 4:18 is not relevant here.
(6) Should YOU be afraid of what a false prophet says? (v.22) ____YES ____NO.
Read Matt. 7:15-20 for questions 7-14.
(7) Will false prophets look like Christians (sheep)? (v.15) ____YES ____NO.
(8) Are false prophets extremely dangerous to one's spiritual life? (v.15) ____YES ____NO.
(9) Jesus said, inside false prophets are __________________ __________ (v.15).
(10) Can we "KNOW" a false prophet by his fruit (prophecies)? (v.16) ____YES ____NO. A prophet produces prophecies like a fruit tree produces fruit.
(11) A good tree produces good fruit and an evil tree produces evil fruit, just like a true prophet produces true prophecies and a false prophet produces false __________ (v.17).
(12) Can a true prophet produce a single false prophecy? (v.18) ____YES ____NO. Please note: Jonah did not produce a false prophecy regarding the destruction of the Ninevites. Jeremiah wrote: "If at any time I announce that a nation or kingdom is to be uprooted, torn down and destroyed, and if that nation I warned repents of its evil, then I will relent and not inflict on it the disaster I had planned" (18:7,8, NIV). This is EXACTLY what occurred with the Ninevites (Jonah 3:10). Furthermore, Micah 3:12 is just like Jonah's message to the Ninevites; yet Jer. 26:18,19 notes this pronouncement of judgment and comments upon it, in light of Jer. 18:7,8.
(13) Did Jesus agree with Deut. 18:21,22 when he said that we will "KNOW" a false prophet tree by his worthless fruit (false prophecies)? (v.20) ____YES ____NO. NOTICE: The "fruit of the spirit" listed in Gal. 5:22,23 is not the "fruit" of the false prophet spoken of in Matt. 7:15-20!
(14) Did Jesus say we should consider Prov. 4:18 as a factor to "KNOW" if someone is a false prophet or not? (v v.15-20) ____YES ____NO.
(15) From 2 Chronicles chapter 18, does the evidence identify Zedekiah as a true prophet? (Notice v. 10) ____YES ____NO. Does the evidence identify Micaiah as a true prophet? (Notice v. 27) ____YES ____NO. Furthermore, in Jeremiah chapter 28, does the evidence identify Hananiah as a true prophet? ____YES ____NO. [Please notice how Hananiah, in verses 2 through 4, contradicted Jeremiah's prediction in Jer. 25:11. Be sure to ponder Jer. 28:9 and 28:15.] Does Jer. 28:9 show a similarity between Hananiah and the Watchtower's many predictions about 1,000 years of peace coming after Armageddon, which was supposed to occur in 1914, in 1925, then in 1941, and then in 1975? ____YES ____NO.
(16) Considering Prov. 4:18, did the "light" for date-setting get any brighter from 1874 to 1975 for The Watchtower Society? ____YES ____NO ____ Stayed the same.
(17) Getting back to Jonah, was he angry because the Ninevites repented of their sins and to his displeasure, Jehovah, therefore, didn't destroy them? (Jonah 3:10-4:3). ____YES ____NO.
(18) Are false prophets a sign of these last days we are now living in? (Matt. 24:11) ____YES ____NO.
(19) Will "MANY" be deceived by false prophets? (Matt. 24:11) ____YES ____NO.
(20) Will false prophets (and false Christs) offer such convincing evidences, that if it were possible, even the chosen ones would be deceived? (Matt. 24:24) ____YES ____NO.
(21) Will the ones deceived by a false prophet, though sincere, receive equal punishment as that false prophet? (Ezek. 14:10) ____YES ____NO.
(22) Is it implied that false prophets are excellent deceivers? (Matt. 24:11,24) ____YES ____NO.
(23) Does the Bible ever say anything good about false prophets? ____YES ____NO.
(24) Should we trust a false prophet to interpret the Bible for us? ____YES ____NO.
(25) For my own future sake, I will personally check these cited Watchtower quotes which show false prophecies. _____TRUE _____FALSE.
(26) According to the aforementioned Armageddon prophecies, The Watchtower Society is, as they claim, a prophet of Jehovah with the ability to "declare things to come" (THE WATCHTOWER, 3-15-72, pp. 189,190 and THE WATCHTOWER, 4-1-72, pp. 197-200). ____TRUE ____FALSE.
(27) The evidence cited in this study reveals the true identity of The Watchtower Society, according to Deut. 18:21,22, to be: ____ TRUE PROPHET ____ FALSE PROPHET, which I will not allow to interpret the Holy Bible for me.
(28) The most important question: Jesus said, "You diligently study the Scriptures because you think that by them you possess eternal life. These are the ones that testify about me, yet you refuse to come to me to have life" (Jn. 5:39,40). The teachings of the Watchtower Society cause people to not go to Christ for everlasting life. If you are a Jehovah's witness, will you continue to allow this to happen to you? ____YES ____NO.
Just Like 1975
Today the Watchtower Society claims to be the "faithful and wise servant" of Matt. 24:45-47. They also teach that Russell never claimed for himself to be that "servant," but said that "servant" was a class of people. The evidence reveals this is only a partial truth! Russell originally taught it was a "class," but obviously changed his mind afterwards and admitted he alone was that "servant" (THE WATCHTOWER, 12-1-16, p. 357). Also, it was openly taught by the Watchtower, after Russell's death, that he [Russell] was that "servant" (THE WATCHTOWER, 3-1-17, p. 67; THE WATCHTOWER, 12-15-16, Reprints p. 6024)! Why the cover-up about Russell being that "servant"? So the Society can create or abolish doctrine and policy at will and without question. If the Society didn't deny it, then their many publications could only be a rehash of Russell's teachings!
More Revealing Truth About The Watchtower
In THE WATCHTOWER, 4-1-83, p. 31, the Society addresses Johannes Greber, his involvement in spiritism and his demon-inspired New Testament translation. In that article, they imply from the foreword of his 1980 edition of his N. T., that they just learned about his involvement in spiritism. Is this the truth or just another deception?
The truth is, The Watchtower Society knew about Johannes Greber and his demon-inspired New Testament since 1956. This is evident from their expose of him and his translation of the New Testament (THE WATCHTOWER, 2-15-56, pp. 110,111). However, The Watchtower Society quoted his demon-produced New Testament for backing of their own literature numerous times AFTER 1956 (The Word, Who is He?--According to John, 1962 ed., p. 5; Aid to Bible Understanding, 1971 ed., pp. 1134,1669; Make Sure of All Things, 1965 ed., p. 489; THE WATCHTOWER, 9-15-62, p. 554; THE WATCHTOWER, 10-15-75, p. 640; THE WATCHTOWER, 4-15-76, p. 231). Do you think it was proper for The Watchtower Society to do this? _____YES _____ NO.
Mother of Jesus
Post Tribulation Rapture
Imputed Righteousness and Eternal Security
Plan Of Salvation
Contact Us Or Join Our Internet ChurchEvangelical Outreach
PO Box 265
Washington PA 15301