Hold On To What You Have or Lose It
1. It's possible to lose your crown:I am coming soon. Hold on to what you have, so that no one will take your crown(Rev. 3:11).
2. It's possible to lose your share in the Holy City and tree of life:And if anyone takes words away from this book of prophecy, God will take away from him his share in the tree of life and in the holy city, which are described in this book (Rev. 22:19).
3. It's possible to lose your spiritual rewards:Be careful not to do your 'acts of righteousness' before men, to be seen by them. If you do, you will have no reward from your Father in heaven (Mt. 6:1).
4. It's possible to lose the joy of your salvation:Restore to me the joy of your salvation and grant me a willing spirit, to sustain me (Psa. 51:12).
5. It's possible to have the Holy Spirit depart from you:Now the Spirit of the LORD had departed from Saul, and an evil spirit from the LORD tormented him (1 Sam. 16:14).
6. It's possible to lose your forgiveness:In anger his master turned him over to the jailers to be tortured, until he should pay back all he owed. This is how my heavenly Father will treat each of you unless you forgive your brother from your heart (Mt. 18:34,35).
7. It's possible to lose your salvation:(This is not an exhaustive Scriptural listing.)
Brethren, if any of you do err from the truth, and one convert him; Let him know, that he which converteth the sinner from the error of his way shall save a soul from death, and shall hide a multitude of sins (Jam. 5:19,20).
But those who turn to crooked ways the LORD will banish with the evildoers ... (Psa. 125:5).
But whoever disowns me before men, I will disown him before my Father in heaven (Mt. 10:33).
Those on the rocky soil are those who, when they hear, receive the word with joy; and these have no firm root; they believe for a while, and in time of temptation fall away (Lk. 8:13).
holding on to faith and a good conscience. Some have rejected these and so have shipwrecked their faith. Among them are Hymenaeus and Alexander, whom I have handed over to Satan to be taught not to blaspheme (1 Tim. 1:19,20).
He [a potential overseer] must not be a recent convert, or he may become conceited and fall under the same judgment as the devil (1 Tim. 3:6).
If we deliberately keep on sinning after we have received the knowledge of the truth, no sacrifice for sins is left, but only a fearful expectation of judgment and of raging fire that will consume the enemies of God. Anyone who rejected the law of Moses died without mercy on the testimony of two or three witnesses. How much more severely do you think a man deserves to be punished who has trampled the Son of God under foot, who has treated as an unholy thing the blood of the covenant that sanctified him, and who has insulted the Spirit of grace? (Heb. 10:26-29)
Our battle with the world, the devil and the flesh requires us to be constantly on our spiritual guard to the very end of our physical lives.
As with the Apostle Paul, we can write: "a great door for effective work has opened to me, and there are many who oppose me" (1 Cor. 16:9). We, therefore, need your support both prayerfully and financially, if possible. We have many adversaries who oppose us doctrinally and would love to see our ministry completely shut down. If you agree with the holiness message that Evangelical Outreach stands for, you can join us in our spiritual battles by prayer (Rom. 15:30) and with your financial donations. Eternal souls are being touched in various ways with the truth of God's word that is shining out from this ministry as we contend for the faith against the popular license for immorality known as once saved always saved (Jude 3,4) and expose various deeds of darkness (Eph. 5:11). Our effectiveness can be increased, but we must have your help. Please pray about supporting us financially on a monthly basis. GOD BLESS YOU.
Heart To Heart
Devotion To Mary
The Humanity Of Christ
Fruit Or Fire (John 15)
Evangelical Outreach Alphabetical Map
Contact Us Or Join Our Internet ChurchEvangelical Outreach
PO Box 265
Washington PA 15301