2. Not everyone will accept the truth
from you as you try to convince people to turn from their sins and
place their faith in the Lord Jesus.
So don't get discouraged if you don't observe many results. (Not to see a great deal of results doesn't mean few or no salvations will ever ensue. Sometimes it takes years for the gospel seed to bring forth fruit.) Remember: Success in soul winning is simple obedience to spread the God's truth to others. Whatever they do with God's word is up to them. Paul's evangelism included opening eyes (Acts 26:17,18) and Isaiah to close eyes (Isa. 6:9,10).
3. The two main weapons the devil will use against Christian soul winners are discouragement and fear. Resist both just like a sinful temptation. They are designed by the devil, your enemy, to stop you from obeying God in this vital area.
4. When people reject you and the gospel, they are really rejecting the Lord and the heavenly father. So don't take it personally. Luke 10:16 says:
He who listens to you listens to me; he who rejects you rejects me; but he who rejects me rejects him who sent me.
Hence, they are really rejecting the Lord Jesus and the heavenly father—not you.Find Out What the Gospel Of Jesus Christ Really Is
5. Persecution will come to those involved in reaching the lost as it does to all the godly (2 Tim. 3:12). When persecution does come, rejoice, for you have a great reward in heaven because of such. Persecution is not just getting beat bloody or killed. Persecution most often comes in milder forms such as cited in Luke 6:22,23:
Blessed are you when men hate you, when they exclude you and insult you and reject your name as evil, because of the Son of Man. Rejoice in that day and leap for joy, because great is your reward in heaven. For that is how their fathers treated the prophets.
When Jesus sent the Twelve forth to preach he taught them:
Do not be afraid of those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather, be afraid of the One who can destroy both soul and body in hell. Are not two sparrows sold for a penny? Yet not one of them will fall to the ground apart from the will of your Father. And even the very hairs of your head are all numbered. So don't be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows. (Mat 10:28-31)
6. The truth of salvation has been so twisted and watered down for so long in our day that many people are thinking various false concepts and convinced they are right. The following are just three examples:
8. If you run into a person who professes to be saved, bring up the believer's conditional security because of the rampant and deadly influence of eternal security teaching. Help that person, if you can, to learn the truth that disciples of the Lord Jesus must endure to the end to be saved. Sooner or later that person will encounter the doctrine of eternal security and needs to be warned and shown it is demonic.
9. Explain repentance and that it is a must not to perish. Tell them repentance means to turn away from sins and nothing less. Repentance is not merely a change of mind, nor is it related to Catholic penance, which is unbiblical.This life is a test. Part of the Christian's test will center around bringing forth fruit in spite of the various problems and distractions that crash down on you. Keep sowing the gospel seeds and good things will happen. In many cases, you will never see the blessed benefits of your labors in this life. At the Judgment, however, there will be wonderful surprises!
11. When distributing gospel tracts and someone says, “Give it to someone who needs it,” there is an excellent chance that person has been deceived by once saved always saved doctrine and, consequently, has little or no interest in God, even though he professes salvation. Therefore you need to have answers for him and/or gospel literature refuting that false gospel.
When I say to a wicked man, “You will surely die,” and you do not warn him or speak out to dissuade him from his evil ways in order to save his life, that wicked man will die for his sin, and I will hold you accountable for his blood. But if you do warn the wicked man and he does not turn from his wickedness or from his evil ways, he will die for his sin; but you will have saved yourself. (Ezek 3:18,19)
Warnings about sinning even apply to righteous people:
Again, when a righteous man turns from his righteousness and does evil, and I put a stumbling block before him, he will die. Since you did not warn him, he will die for his sin. The righteous things he did will not be remembered, and I will hold you accountable for his blood. But if you do warn the righteous man not to sin and he does not sin, he will surely live because he took warning, and you will have saved yourself. (Ezek 3:20, 21)
You can do this by verbally witnessing and by distributing sound salvation literature.There is no one specific way to get the truth out. In the Book of Acts, well over a dozen times salvation is taught with no one set way of proclaiming that precious truth. Hence, the so-called Romans Road or Four Spiritual Laws were never used in the New Testament by the earliest Christians (and are not very sound).
14. General knowledge of the Bible is very important, but start with what you have. With experience, you will grow in knowledge and in your ability to present the gospel. If you get asked a question you can't answer on the spot, ask for the person's address or phone number, hunt up the Biblical answer and tell them. No person knows everything about every subject.
15. Some people are abusively obstinate to the gospel truth. Don't waste time with them or even speak to them once you find this out. To violate this could open yourself up to needless persecution and danger:
Do not give dogs what is sacred; do not throw your pearls to pigs. If you do, they may trample them under their feet, and then turn and tear you to pieces. (Mat 7:6)
16. The Lord's redemptive death on Calvary won't benefit anyone who doesn't find out about it. Furthermore, there are massive misunderstandings regarding the Biblical terms related to salvation. All of these problems can be corrected to some degree by the soul winner, as he goes forth sowing gospel seeds:
For, “Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.” How, then, can they call on the one they have not believed in? And how can they believe in the one of whom they have not heard? And how can they hear without someone preaching to them? And how can they preach unless they are sent? As it is written, “How beautiful are the feet of those who bring good news!” (Rom 10:13-15)
17. A soul winner is likened unto a farmer who goes forth planting seeds or one who waters seeds already planted:
I planted the seed, Apollos watered it, but God made it grow. So neither he who plants nor he who waters is anything, but only God, who makes things grow. The man who plants and the man who waters have one purpose, and each will be rewarded according to his own labor. (1 Cor 3:6-8)
A farmer's harvest in the natural doesn't happen overnight. Hence, be faithful and keep sowing those gospel seeds. (Remember point 2.) Also, a farmer can't reap very much if he hasn't sown very many seeds. The more you witness the more seeds are spread.
18. You have been entrusted with the precious life-giving Gospel. To do nothing about spreading the gospel to all the world is to be in serious trouble with God and in great spiritual danger.
19. If you are a soul winner you are wise, according to God's word:
... he who wins souls is wise. (Prov 11:30)
Those who are wise will shine like the brightness of the heavens, and those who lead many to righteousness, like the stars for ever and ever. (Dan 12:3)
20. To be a soul winner is not going above and beyond the call of Christian duty, but merely doing what the Lord commands:
So you also, when you have done everything you were told to do, should say, "We are unworthy servants; we have only done our duty." (Luke 17:10)
So remain humble and faithful for the sake of souls, including your own!If you are not a soul winner you are either unsaved or grossly deceived and in great spiritual danger. Either way you need to repent and get serious about what God wants you to do before it's too late.
1. If all Christians everywhere were just as faithful and zealous as you are to spread the gospel of Jesus to the lost, would there be more or less people in hell today?
2. If the tables were turned and you were the one on the road to hell, would you want someone to try to dissuade you from the damnation awaiting you by declaring to you your need of repentance and placing a submissive faith in the Lord Jesus?
Artwork is copyrighted.
PO Box 265
Washington, PA 15301