...This is the one I esteem: he who is humble and contrite in spirit, and trembles at my word. (Isa 66:2)
But your iniquities have separated you from your God; your sins have hidden his face from you, so that he will not hear. (Isa 59:2)
Come near to God and he will come near to you.... (James 4:8)
1. Mt. 6:12-15: Is there anyone against whom you hold a grudge? Is there anyone you have not forgiven? Anyone you hate? Anyone you don't love? Are there any misunderstanding that you are unwilling to forget? Is there any person against whom you are harboring bitterness, resentment or jealousy? Anyone you dislike to hear praised or well-spoken of? Do you allow anything to justify a wrong attitude toward another?
2. Mt. 6:33: Is there anything in which you have failed to put God first? Have your decisions been made after your own wisdom and desires rather than by seeking and following God's will? Do any of the following interfere with your surrender and service to God: Ambition, pleasures, loved ones, friendships, desire for recognition, money, or your own plans?
3. Mt. 10:22; Heb. 3:14; Rev. 2:10,11: Are you aware that people will hate you, because you identify with the Lord Jesus, but that you must endure to the end for salvation's sake? You must be faithful, even to the point of death, to get the crown of life and avoid being hurt by the second death (the lake of fire).
4. Mt. 18:6,7; Lk. 17:1-3; Mt. 5:28; 1 Tim. 2:9: Do you dress modestly? Are you aware that for people to lust after your body will cause them to sin and place you, as well, in spiritual danger?
5. Mark 16:15: Have you failed to witness consistently for the Lord Jesus Christ? Has your life failed to show the Lord Jesus to lost people? If all people were just as faithful to witness for the Lord Jesus as you are, would there more or less people in hell right now?
6. Luke 13:24; Psa. 119:11; 119:99: Are you making every effort to enter through the narrow door? Are you hiding God's word in your heart so you don't sin against him? Do you meditate in God's word?
7. Jn. 13:35: Are you secretly pleased over the misfortunes of another? Are you secret annoyed over the accomplishments or advancements of another? Are you guilty of any contention or strife? Do you quarrel, argue or engage in heated discussions? Are you a partaker in any division or party spirit? Are there people whom you deliberately slight?
8. Acts 20:35: Have you robbed God by withholding his due time of time, talents and money? Have you failed to support mission work either in prayer or in offerings?
9. 1 Cor. 4:2: Are you irresponsible so that you cannot be trusted with responsibilities in the Lord's work? Are you allowing your emotions to be stirred for things of the Lord but doing nothing about it?
10. 1 Cor. 6:19,20: Are you in any way careless with your body? Do you fail to care for it as the temple of the Holy Spirit? Are you guilty of intemperance in eating? Do you have any habits which are defiling to the body?
11. 1 Cor. 10:31: Do you take the slightest credit for anything good about you, rather than give all the glory to God? Do you talk of what you have done rather than of what Christ has done? Are your statements mainly about "I"? Are your feelings easily hurt? Have you made a pretense of being something you are not?
12. Eph. 3:20: Are you self-conscious rather than Christ-conscious? Do you allow feelings of inferiority to keep you from attempting challenging goals in serving God?
13. Eph. 4:28: Do you underpay? Do you do very little in your work? Have you been careless in the payment of your debts? Have you sought to evade payment of your debts? Do you waste time? Do you waste time for others?
14. Eph. 4:31: Do you complain? Do you find fault? Do you have a critical attitude toward any person? Are you irritable or cranky? Do you ever carry hidden anger? Do you get angry? Do you become impatient with others? Are you ever harsh or unkind?
15. Eph. 5:16: Do you listen to unedifying radio or TV programs? Do you read unworthy magazines? Do you partake in worldly amusements? Do you find it necessary to seek satisfaction from any questionable source? Are you doing certain things that indicate you are not satisfied with the Lord Jesus Christ?
16. Eph. 5:20: Have you neglected to thank God for all things, the seemingly bad as well as the good? Have you virtually called God a liar by doubting His Word? Is your spiritual temperature based on your feelings instead of the facts of God's Word?
17. Phil. 1:21: Are you taken up with the cares of this life? Is your conversation primarily about "things" rather than the Lord and His Word? Does anything mean more to you than living for and pleasing Christ?
18. Phil. 2:14: Do you ever by word or deed seek to hurt someone? Do you gossip? Do you speak unkindly concerning people when they are not present? Are you prejudiced against others because of their race, social status, or beliefs?
19. Phil. 4:4: Do you carry any bitterness towards God? Have you complained against Him in any way? Have you been dissatisfied with His provision for you? Is there in your heart any unwillingness to obey God fully? Do you have any reservations as to what you would or would not do concerning any thing that might be His will? Have you disobeyed any direct leading from the Holy Spirit?
20. Col. 3:8-10: Do you get angry and display rage? Do you engage in empty and unprofitable conversation? Do you ever lie or slander people? Do you ever exaggerate? Cheat? Steal? Do you overcharge?
21. 2 Tim. 2:3; Lk. 6:22,23; 1 Pet. 4:14; Mt. 5:10-12: Are you enduring persecutions because of being godly and following the Lord Jesus, as a good soldier of Christ Jesus? Do you allow being hated, excluded, insults or your name being rejected as evil from the wicked roll off? Are you aware that you are blessed to suffer for righteousness?
22. 2 Tim. 2:22: Do you have any personal habits that are not pure? Do you allow impure thoughts about the opposite sex to stay in your mind? Do you read that which is impure or suggests unholy things? Do you indulge in any unclean entertainment? Are you guilty of the lustful look?
23. Heb. 10:25: Do you whisper or think about other things while God's Word is being read or preached? Have you neglected private prayer? Have you neglected God's Word? Do you find the Bible and prayer uninteresting? Have you neglected thanksgiving at meals? Have you neglected family devotions?
24. Heb. 13:17: Are you lazy? Do you rebel at requests to help in the work of the Lord? Do you in any way have a stubborn or unteachable spirit?
25. James 1:27: Have you allowed yourself to become spotted by the wold? Do you spend beyond what is pleasing to God on anything? Do you neglect to pray about things that you buy? Are your deeds displeasing to God?
26. James 4:6: Do you feel that you are doing quite well as a Christian? That you are not so bad? That you are good enough? Are you stubborn? Do you insist on having your own way? Do you insist on your "right"?
27. James 4:11: Do you find it hard to be corrected? Is there rebellion towards one who wants to restore you? Are you more concerned about what people will think than about what will be pleasing to God?
He who conceals his sins does not prosper, but whoever confesses and renounces them finds mercy. (Prov 28:13)
Then I acknowledged my sin to you and did not cover up my iniquity. I said, "I will confess my transgressions to the LORD" -- and you forgave the guilt of my sin. Selah. (Psa 32:5)
For if you forgive men when they sin against you, your heavenly Father will also forgive you. But if you do not forgive men their sins, your Father will not forgive your sins. (Mat 6:14,15)
If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness. (1 John 1:9)