The Seven Sorrows of Mary Are Imaginary and IdolatrousThe Seven Sorrows of Mary (also called the Seven Dolors of Mary) are a Marian devotion which began over 1,300 years after Jesus ascended to the right hand of God. This Catholic form of meditation and devotion to Mary is accompanied by Mary's promises also called seven graces. They are much like the 15 promises of the rosary, but these promises are different as a comparison will show. Both, however, are just as real as Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny, but also believed on by multitudes, including adults.
Please be aware that the alleged seven graces promised through meditating on The Seven Sorrows or Dolors of Mary are all highly anti-scriptural, especially the one which is a salvation promise. So, through The Seven Sorrows of Mary Catholics must now think, since their origin, that there exists another way to be saved besides the other ones Mary also promised through the brown scapular and the 15 promises of the rosary for all who recite them while meditating on the Catholic Mary.
The Seven Sorrows of Mary and Saint BridgetThe Seven Sorrows of Mary started with the Catholic saint Bridget of Sweden (1303-1373) because of what she thinks Mary revealed to her through a vision. It seems the truth behind 2 Cor. 11:14 is hidden from Catholic leaders. The Catholic tradition behind The Seven Sorrows of Mary goes like this:The Blessed Virgin Mary grants seven graces to the souls who honor her daily by meditating on her tears and dolors (sorrows).One of the Catholic Mary's many titles, Our Lady of Sorrows, comes from this Marian devotion and from the following events:
The sorrows of Mary are important in Catholicism because they think it is through Mary's sorrows that she has become co-redemptrix with the Lord Jesus for the salvation of the world. Catholic pictures depict The Seven Sorrows of Mary with 7 swords piecing Mary's heart because of those events. It should especially be noted that this whole idea is scripturally baseless. Certainly, there was sorrow in Mary's life over events that occurred, but her tears and sorrows are not mentioned and cannot compare with Jesus' precious blood, which bought our redemption (Heb. 9:12; 1 Pet.1:18,19; etc.). Please know there is no biblical support for any:
- the Prophecy of Simeon (Luke 2:34, 35)
- the flight into Egypt (Matthew 2:13,14)
- the loss of the child Jesus in the temple (Luke 2:43-45)
- the meeting of Jesus and Mary on the way to the cross.
- the Crucifixion.
- the taking down of the body of Jesus from the cross.
- the burial of Jesus (John 19:38-42).
- Meeting of Jesus and Mary on the way to the cross.
- Mary was still around when the body of Jesus was taken down from the cross.
Catholic Doctor Liguori Teaches At The Command of Mary All Obey, Even God
Here are the Imaginary Seven Graces as Promised by Mary Herself:
The Seven Sorrows of Mary take the biblical focus off of the Lord Jesus and lock it on Mary, even for salvation's sake. That, therefore, makes it another gospel and yet another false way to God, just as much as the Fatima Marian apparitions are, but hidden from the many Catholics who don't know the New Testament. Sadly, too many very sincere and humble Catholics just gullibly believe all they were raised with and taught by their priests.
- I will grant peace to their families.
- They will be enlightened about the divine mysteries.
- I will console them in their pains and I will accompany them in their work.
- I will give them as much as they ask for as long as it does not oppose the adorable will of my divine Son or the sanctification of their souls.
- I will defend them in their spiritual battles with the infernal enemy and I will protect them at every instant of their lives.
- I will visibly help them at the moment of their death; they will see the face of their Mother.
- I have obtained (this grace) from my divine Son, that those who propagate this devotion to my tears and dolors, will be taken directly from this earthly life to eternal happiness since all their sins will be forgiven and my Son and I will be their eternal consolation and joy.
FYI: the seven sorrows of Mary totally avoided any mention of the Lord Jesus' extreme sorrow when he was sweating blood and praying to have the cup removed, if possible (Luke 22:42-44). With the fabricated seven sorrows of Mary in mind, she should have been there (to support Jesus at that time), but wasn't. Mary's seven dolors are pick and choose, while adding fabricated events.
NOTE: Nowhere does God's word (written so we can learn how to be saved, 2 Tim. 3:15) point us to Mary at all in any way, including for any devotion to her tears and dolors. Such is a religious myth, but worse. It will tragically end in the lake of fire for all who make the fatal mistake of trusting the Catholic distorted image of Mary and her grace promises. Furthermore, it is never even Jesus AND Mary for salvation. It is JESUS. He is our true life, sweetness and hope, who offers and can deliver eternal life to all who come directly to him in repentance for salvation (Mt. 11:28-30; Jn. 3:36; 4:10; 6:35; Acts 10:43; etc.).
We obtain grace for salvation by personal faith in the Lord Jesus Christ with 0% faith and trust in Mary, according to God's word. That is the way it was in first century Christianity and what will work for us today. The Seven Sorrows of Mary or Seven Dolors of Mary with Mary's promises are purely mythological and idolatrous. They must be flatly rejected by those who want God's salvation.
Areas of Roman Catholic Deception
The Mythical Religious Life Of a Devout Roman Catholic
What Is Heaven Like
Plan Of Salvation
Find Peace With God
Evangelical Outreach Alphabetical Map
Contact Us Or Join Our Internet ChurchEvangelical Outreach
PO Box 265
Washington, PA 15301