Because heretics are dangerous, this negative subject must be addressed for the sake of the body of Christ. Truth is the issue, not how popular one is or how ear-tickling their doctrine is. Every one of the following quotes are related to salvation in one way or another and, therefore, should be known by Christians, who desire to help warn others. Are you ready for the quiz and list of heretics? Here goes .... Who teaches:
1. ● "The very gospel itself comes under attack when the eternal security of the believer is questioned."
[COMMENT: The real Biblical gospel is the opposite of eternal security. "By this gospel you are saved, if you hold firmly to the word I preached to you. Otherwise, you have believed in vain." (1 Cor 15:2)]
2. ● An unrepentant prostitute might be saved based on a past decision for Christ.
[COMMENT: Far from being a scholar, as one of his unmovable devotees thinks he is, that heretic teaches there are Christian prostitutes!]
3. ● Mary is Queen of heaven, in part, because she is co-redeemer of the human race and endorsed others who said she is also Sovereign.
[COMMENT: To think that anyone is co-redeemer with the Lord Jesus is to reject all the Biblical truth on this issue. Also, only God is Sovereign. To suggest that anyone else is sovereign is, in itself, idolatrous.]
4. ● "Here, then, is eternal life -- to know the only wise and true God; and you have got to learn how to be gods yourselves, and to be kings and priests to God, the same as all gods have done before you ...."
[COMMENT: There is only one true and living God, who is also the Creator. All others might be called god, but they are false. "These gods, who did not make the heavens and the earth, will perish from the earth and from under the heavens" (Jer 10:11). NOTE: It is impossible to be polytheistic and a Bible-defined Christian too.]
5. ● The Great Pyramid in Egypt was one of God's Witnesses.
[COMMENT: To depart from the Bible to get spiritual truth is to immediately be open for satanic deception. It is also to invalidate yourself since all Christian teaching is to come from the Bible alone (2 Tim. 3:16,17).]
6. ● Those who worship on Sunday have received the mark of the beast.
[COMMENT: The destructive danger behind that false statement will especially manifest when the real mark of the beast is issued and deceived people receive it in order to buy or sell (Rev. 13:16,17) and become doomed as a consequence.]
7. ● "Calvinism is the gospel, and nothing else."
[COMMENT: A shocking and outlandishly false statement. Equally shocking are the non-Calvinists who promote that same man as someone great and insightful! How could this be, even after he has been exposed? Amazing! We are in a deep apostasy.]
8. ● A Christian [not just a false convert] can be sexually immoral, get drunk, slander, steal, commit idolatry and all of the rest of the sins listed in 1 Cor. 6:9,10, but cannot go all the way back to live as he used to in an unbroken life pattern.
[COMMENT: This popular Calvinist has many people duped about his license for immorality teachings. How is it such people, as described there, were never saved, as he says at some other times?]
9. ● In his prayer to Mary for salvation, this person said: "Take our offerings and grant our request; obtain pardon for what we fear, for you are the only hope of sinners. We hope to obtain the forgiveness of our sins through you. Blessed Lady, in you is our hope of reward."
[COMMENT: The fabricated Mary of Catholicism has hundreds of millions looking to her for salvation, instead of to the Lord Jesus. Far too few Christians are willing to help them find salvation.]
10. ● "... multitudes of Christians are fighting a losing battle with their sin. In fact, many have already given up the fight. They're convinced some powerful demonic spirit has taken up a stronghold in them and can't be expelled. So they live in wretchedness, bound by a besetting sin."
[COMMENT: This man used to be much more sound, but now has apparently been deceived by Calvinism. Many of his long time followers refuse to see his present heretical teachings and false image of a Christian. He is DANGEROUS!]
11. ● "... spiritual death is the inevitable consequence of habitual sinning as a deliberate pattern of behavior."
[COMMENT: This person, who rejects eternal security heresy, is indirectly declaring there are Christian adulterers, Christian thieves, Christian drunks, Christian murderers, etc., which is both impossible and essentially the same as what the once saved always saved proponents proclaim! So he too has DANGEROUSLY deceived many people into thinking they are on the road to heaven when they are really on the road to hell.]
12. ● "Again, God would not hold the new husband accountable for adultery. He's doing a virtuous thing, marrying and providing for a divorced woman."
[COMMENT: That is another shocking teaching from a confused man who wants to be a teacher. He denies once saved always saved (which is a good thing), but WRONGLY says one must practice sin to lose salvation and occasional sin won't cause loss of salvation. NOTE: The adultery committed by marrying a divorced woman is a continual form of adultery. Hence, it would be practice of adultery, based on Mt. 5:32; 19:9; Mark 10:11,12; Luke 16:18. God is NOT a respecter of persons (Acts 10:34). He shows NO favoritism or partiality and judges all based on what they do (Rom. 2:6-11).]
13. ● "At the command of Mary, all obey, even God." In the same place, he also teaches: Mary is omnipotent.
[COMMENT: Those teachings were taught by a Catholic saint and a Catholic doctor, who was also known as the apostle for Mary.]
2. Lawrence Vance, The Other Side of Calvinism, 1994, p. 336. [Vance calls himself a Christian libertarian.]
3. Pope John Paul II in Theotókos, 2000, pp. 209,210.
4. Mormonism leader and Apostle, Bruce R. McConkie in Mormon Doctrine, 1966, p. 321.
5. The founder of Jehovah's Witnesses, Charles Taze Russell, The Time Is At Hand, p. 366. False prophet Charles Taze Russell gets detailed about the Great Pyramid in another of his books, Thy Kingdom Come.
6. The founder of Seventh Day Adventism, Ellen G. White, The Great Controversy, 1950, p. 605.
8. Calvinist John MacArthur, The MacArthur Study Bible, 1997, p. 1736.
9. Augustine of Hippo quotes, the Catholic and Calvinist theologian. (Dictionary of Mary, Catholic Book Publishing Co.: New Jersey, 1997, 1985, p. 531.)
10. David Wilkerson, Pulpit Series, 2-6-06, p. 3.
11. Robert Shank Life In The Son, 1989, p. 144. [He negated the truth he teaches elsewhere and overall good by misrepresenting a Christian as he did there! That single statement (and others like it) aren't just the "fly in the ointment," they are the dangerous poison on the food being swallowed by many who don't know! Beware! Robert Shank fails the acid test question. He is teaching a license for immorality. To read more of Robert Shank's serious doctrinal errors, click Critiquing Life in The Son and Can You Lose Salvation With One Sin?].
12. David Servant of heavensfamily.org, The Disciple Making Minister, emphasis mine, Ethnos Press, 2005, p. 128. [God's word is clearly against such teaching: "For of this you can be sure: No immoral, impure or greedy person--such a man is an idolater--has any inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and of God. Let no one deceive you with empty words, for because of such things God's wrath comes on those who are disobedient. Therefore do not be partners with them." (Eph 5:7)]
13. Alphonsus Liquori, The Glories of Mary, 1931, Redemptorist Fathers, p. 181. [God's word teaches differently: "I am the LORD; that is my name! I will not give my glory to another or my praise to idols" (Isa 42:8). Also see Isa. 46:9.]