* I praise God that He has broken through the deceit I used to believe about eternal security. I know in my own heart that one of the reasons I believed it is because I wanted to. I didn't want to leave my life of sin and I was comfortable fitting in with everyone who believed this wide path doctrine. Anyways, as I was sharing this truth with a friend she asked the question "what do you believe is the case with King Solomon, since the Bible says he served God at the beginning and then fell away at the end of his life?" - My reply was, "I believe that if he did not repent of this sin, he won't be in heaven." What do you think?
Praise Reports And Hate Mail
* You are a retard.
* Dude you are so warp may God have mercy on your soul legalistic dogma from man your lost get a new life.
* Praise the Lord for this site ... and for speaking out for truth. I of course have not seen everything everyone has put on the Internet but I have seen and read a lot of it and I must say that this is by far the best site concerning the lie of the unconditional eternal security of the believer. While some Christians do not see the importance of pointing out this lie, I, along with you, believe it to be of supreme importance and therefore thank you ever so much for all the important AND scripturally based information you have put forth.
I have much of what you have here printed out and have passed it along to a friend or two of mine who are once saved always saved proponents. I didn't say they were believers in this doctrine as I believe most of the ones who align themselves with this doctrine, outside of the teachers and preachers of the doctrine, do so because they have grown up around it and have never troubled themselves with studying God's word.
The teachers and preachers of this false doctrine apparently choose to believe a doctrine of man over the doctrines taught in the Bible. Keep up the great and needed work here and I will continue following this. I truly love it because I truly believe it to be the truth. Yours in Christ ... II Timothy 2:15.
Bible Answers To Bible Questions* Today I looked at your page on angels, demons and Satan. I don't know why I came to this page. I have been praying to God many times more than usual lately. For the past year I have been in a lot of trouble. I started reading the future. I could see things happening that hadn't happened yet. I had been very intrigued. Then all of the sudden I could not see as clearly. I have researched many things on magical powers and tried to increase my own. I didn't notice it yet but at that time I was changing. I was told that by many people. I had always wanted to help people and during this time I had become very selfish and irritable I had even threatened some people to lead them into the darkness. I had also noticed I had completely lost my will to go to church. I used to go every Sunday but not anymore. I have tried to fix my problems on my own. It did not work. Then I became very depressed. I tried to make things like they use to be. I never could. I always had a negative energy around me. I turned to God asking for help, asking him to lead me to where I am supposed to be. When I went on the Internet today I had a sudden urge to look up angels. It was an intense feeling in a way. I read your page. I finally saw clearly again like before this whole thing started. Then I asked God to forgive me. Now I am going to get rid of all the things I owned from that time. I wanted to thank you for making this page.
* How sad, that you have nothing better to do than to concentrate on putting down other faiths. If you are a true believer in our Savior, Jesus Christ, how do you justify these actions? How negative a person are you to exert your time and energy into such a nonworthy cause? The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints has brought me JOY, PEACE, LOVE and an eternal perspective in my life. The church continues to be the fastest growing in the world, and by your trying to put it down confirms our Lord's works and true Gospel. I will pray for your guided direction.
E.O.'s Response: Greetings in JESUS' holy name. You asked how we can justify the putting down of other faiths. Remember the Lord Himself put down the Pharisees and Sadducees, because their teachings were not true, according to the Word of God. Also Christians are told to expose the unfruitful deeds of darkness (Eph. 5:11) and contend for the faith (Jude 3,4). While it might be true that the LDS church has brought joy, peace and love into your life, this doesn't mean that their teachings are true. To be true they must line up with the Bible, which they don't. Remember this: The Lord warned that false prophets would come and deceive MANY people (Mt. 24:11). Joseph Smith, Jr. is a Bible-defined false prophet (Dt. 18:21,22). Hence, he has and still is deceiving millions of people by his teachings. Moreover, the Book of Mormon not only contradicts Doctrine and Covenants, it also contradicts the Holy Bible! Hence, the BOM is NOT from the same source as the Bible. Though this information might disturb you, it is the truth, as can be verified from our materials. Please exalt the message of the Bible over all others. Your eternal destiny depends on this! Salvation is NOT found in a church group, but in a person, the Lord Jesus Christ- who shed His blood on the cross for our sins. Ponder Acts 20:21:I have declared to both Jews and Greeks that they must turn to God in repentance and have faith in our Lord Jesus. GOD BLESS YOU.* Thank you so much for your website re. Catholicism. I was raised Catholic but trusted Christ at the age of 14. Believers today desperately need to hear the truth of the gospel contrasted with the heresies of Roman Catholicism. This is all the more important in light of the evangelical apostasy with Catholicism characteristic of ECT I & II.
* Thank you so much for your e-mail. As always, God's timing is absolutely perfect. I imagine as you were typing your message I was in the middle of a discussion regarding eternal security ... Through prayer, my wife and I feel it is time to move on from our church ... in large part because I feel that my beliefs are quite different from the basic views of the church (eternal security in particular). So, we attended another church this evening and not the one we have been attending. Well, one of my precious brothers and the new pastor stopped by ... and, to make a long story short, I did not have much to say ... but still feel the same way in spite of their attempts to lovingly convince me otherwise. I think no less of them for their belief in OSAS because I know most people in that church live for God. I can honestly say that. BUT, I did tell the pastor I have a problem with OSAS being preached and taught in the church. So, anyway ... I sincerely thank God for you and also will be praying for your ministry daily.
* We are looking for a church that does not teach OSAS. We can not find one in our area or we haven't found it yet. Would you have a list of churches in northwestern PA that teach against OSAS? Thank you.
* This is interesting, I have spent some time looking at your web sight [sic] and have come to the conclusion that I have never seen such unabashed disregard for Biblical context as this, what in the world does C.S. [Charles Spurgeon] smoking a cigar have to do with anything! I am not going to waist [sic] my time trying to wrest you from your self righteous attitude for it would be folly, But I would like to remind you that regardless of your narrow understanding of Biblical truth God has used Many Great men of Faith to bring countless numbers to a saving faith in Jesus Christ, I would venture to say that none of you have ever won any poor soul to the kingdom of God! You slander the name of great men of God to try to bolster your own Righteousness, but as Jesus said unless YOUR RIGHTEOUSNESS exceed the righteousness of the Pharisee ye shall in no wise enter into the kingdom of God, and of course because you have not submitted yourself to the righteousness of God, but are going about to establish your own righteousness by Damming [sic] all other great men of God (boy what did God ever do without you, all those years) I guess your [sic] going to HELL! I have met so called Christians like you, and your privet [sic] life never matches up to your own standards let alone God's Standards, how dare you put yourself in the position of judge over God's servants! May God deal with you according to YOUR WORKS! (From Calvary Chapel)
* I have finished your book and [am] going to go through it again. Also listened to all the tapes but two. My mind is like a sponge trying to absorb it all ... You are in my daily prayers. May God continue to work through you and your ministry.
* THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU. Thank you for the FIREPOWER! My husband recently got saved and the church we have started attending preaches eternal security at every turn. I fear for his new heart, that it will absorb the lies, so every time we leave I, without abandon, am voicing contradictions to this teaching. Thank you for the help! I am proud of him that he is not accepting this theory, but is searching the scriptures for the other side of the story. The major problem I am having is that he wants to join this church, regardless, and I cannot do this with him. I don't want to discourage him at this juncture, but yet am torn between doing just that and risking his soul to lies. Either is discouraging. But because he is still searching for the truth in this matter, I am so thankful for your outspokeness. I have run my printer out of ink printing these great articles.
* As far as Eternal Salvation I'm a firm believer in Eternal Salvation. Once saved always saved is my belief. God said that If you believe in Christ you are saved with no conditions. Your organization implies that the teaching of Eternal Salvation means that the believer can do whatever he likes and get away with it. If a Christian sins he will be punished by God but as a Father to a Son. That relationship between a Father and a Son is eternal. Just because a Christian Has Eternal Salvation does not mean he/she has a license to Sin. Even John taught that a Christian will Sin until he dies but that does not mean he's going to loss [sic] his salvation. Maybe you teach that once a person becomes a Christian it is impossible for him/her to sin which is a lie. Or if a Christian sins just prior to his death he/she will go to hell. Tell me do you believe that Christ was both Human and God in one person? Forever In Christ (regardless of who I am or what sins I have committed or will commit Because I have Believed in Him as my Lord and Savior)
[E.O.'s comment: Notice the contradiction in his email. He stated, Just because a Christian Has Eternal Salvation does not mean he/she has a license to Sin and then he signed off Forever In Christ (regardless of who I am or what sins I have committed or will commit Because I have Believed in Him as my Lord and Savior). This is the kind of license for immorality which eternal security promotes. Christians must contend against this false grace message in obedience to Jude 3,4.]
* I'm sorry I've been forced to send email to uninformed sites, but my conscience can let me do nothing else. I'm sorry you are prejudice, but I can't change that. I'm sorry you won't believe anything but what you choose to believe, but that's what prejudice is. I'm sorry some people can't accept the fact that there is more that one road to God. I'm sorry you won't get anything out of this letter. I'm sorry for the fact that every day must be difficult for you, because it's hard to hate your fellow man. I'm sorry for the fact that you are missing out on knowing a lot of great people. But most of all I'm sorry you won't want to get to know me, because if it weren't for prejudice, you and I might be friends. I send you my pity. (From a witch)
[E.O.'s response: Thanks for your email. Can you please tell us what exactly is in error on the site and how it is incorrect? Please state how the article showed hate. We want people to come to salvation and spend eternity in a paradise environment instead of the lake of burning sulfur. It's true, in a way, that we are prejudiced. We believe the Bible is the word of the Living God, since it has proven itself to be accurate by fulfilled prophecies, such as 300 alone fulfilled in the person of Jesus of Nazareth. Jesus rose from the dead just as he said and so we are prejudiced to believe that everything else he said is true. He said he is the way, truth and life and that no one gets to God except through him (Jn. 14:6) so that's how we know there are not multiple ways to get to God. You are sorry about many things. Are you sorry for your many sins? Have you asked God to have mercy on you a sinner? Eternity is a long time. Our judgment will be based upon the Bible. We must not mess this one up, even if we messed every other thing up that we ever did. God bless you.]
* You are most foolish taking the side of the liberal bible perversions founded on the blasphemous work of Westcott and Hort. I rebuke you in the name of Jesus Christ, before God and man. Your ignorance is no excuse. Your writings were interesting, nothing new, for I had found these things in the word years ago by His leading and wonderful grace. However, I have had quite enough of your work for God now, as you are opposing your very soul and do not apparently have a clue ... It is the fool who refuses instruction, I need not receive information from fools ... I rebuke you as a heretick [sic] after the third admonition. Reap. (From Bible Baptist Ministries)
* I would like to cut and paste some of the material that you have in the latest issue in regard to the KJV issue. Could we have your permission to do so? ... You have some very good things to say by the way. Thank you for your faithfulness.
* Just finished listening to a couple of your sermons on your web site. I truly am blessed my all of your literature, both audio and in printed form ... I have some missionary friends and pastors that will be getting that last order of your books. May God open their eyes to the truth. In closing I just want to encourage you both in what you are doing. Don't ever give up! Many people are praying for you and your ministry. If there are any specific prayers you want to share with me I would count it a privilege to go before the Throne for you. May God continue to use you both for His glory! May many see the error of their way because of your ministry just like I did. To God be the Glory!
* I was Saved at age 15. My life was changed. I was a new creation by the power of The Holy Spirit. I believed, and still do, in Jesus. My perspectives changed and my desires changed. However, I always had a bit of a weakness to lust, which I now HATE and REBUKE. I fell really hard to this sin in many ways. Although in my heart I believed in my Christian Faith and Claimed it, my focus was on my selfish desires and not on God. I admit this and confess it to my Lord with true tears of REPENTANCE. Honestly! I have suffered much due to my poor choices, and I did use OSAS kinda as a crutch. As Jesus says to the Churches in Revelation, as James 5:20 gives me hope, and knowing that Grace abounds where there is Sin; I confess my Sins To God and Repent. I want to be used by God, and I want to be a good daddy. I want to warn others of the pain I have experienced through disobeying God, and encourage them to repentance. I do know that some won't come. Can you encourage me here? Should I be rebaptized? PLEASE PRAY FOR ME! I love JESUS, and I am returning to my first LOVE! SIN IS NOT SOMETHING TO PLAY WITH!
* Hello ... I am a Southern Baptist who has been called to preach the Gospel. However, as you may know Southern Baptists believe in eternal security. I, on the other hand, have never believed this doctrine, because there are too many warnings in the Bible that show you must endure until the end. It was good to find your website, and to find someone who believes that salvation is conditional. As you know, we are in the minority, as most believe once saved always saved. Again thank you for your website and all the informing articles located therein.
* I am grateful for your web site. It is GOOD reading. It is good to be able to ponder the scriptures in the fashion you do. I too see numerous false teachings arising at every turn. We are pounded daily with things to detour our walk. I for one am deeply convicted of inactivity in my life. As I look back, the slide was gradual but definite. Producing fruit seems to hold no meaning today. We live in a society of convenience and religion is no exception. Packaging forgiveness and grace is big business. It kind of sounds similar to the Catholics in the middle ages. I pray daily for regeneration and a renewed fire for our Lord. I believe that your material is part of that answer. God is good! I look forward to conversing again. God Bless this ministry.
* I took a group of five men preaching in Ybor city - Tampa FL's, virtual Sodom. We encountered several professing Christians in this sin haven who were just having a good time. Two specifically brought you to my remembrance, when they so confidently shook off our warnings of Hell with Hey Once Saved Always Saved! AHHH!! What a devilish doctrine! I appreciate your work and pray that your book and site opens many blinded eyes. Your ministry is surely needed.
* I just read the e-mails on lust and pornography. I just had to write to you. I was enslaved to that SIN since I was about ten years old. I would try to give my life to God but Satan would crush me with it every time - he would put it everywhere. TV is the worst. Finally it led to an affair (thank God my wonderful wife forgave me). After I truly got SAVED I asked God to forgive me for my past Sins and to heal me and praise God He did. The desire to undress every woman was and is gone. That was over five years ago. Something great happened to me on Monday. We stopped to use the restroom and when I washed my hands I saw a Porno book in the trash. Satan tried to get me to look but I serve a wonderful God who can give grace to overcome. I carefully took the book and hid it under my shirt and took it to my wife in our van. I put it in the console and told her what I found. When we got home I started a good hot fire while she tore it up on our porch; then I went in the house while she burned them. Thank God for answered prayer. I thank Him daily for His help to overcome this SIN that nearly killed my marriage (ADULTERY). Thank you for the stand you take in teaching God's word the way it is written. God bless you.
* I would like to say (as much under control as I can possibly be) that I am quite outraged about your views on the perseverance of the saints. We obviously do not believe in the same salvation. Are you trying to say that if a man is saved and yet, the moment after his conversion, sees a nice-looking woman and lusts, then he immediately loses his salvation? If so, my confused friend, you and I are both hellbound with no help. You are saying that a man's outward deeds determine whether he is saved or not! First, you must realize that not all who say that they are saved indeed are (Rev. 2:2, II Cor 11:13). ----Okay, I'm listening to your Christian sermons and the sexually immoral thing is bothering me. Do you mean that if a Christian happens to have the specific sin of pornographic lust, then he loses his salvation?? ----What if I tell a lie to my parents about where I took the car last evening, then I am now out of the grasp of God by my own faltering? What kind of salvation is that?? Jesus answered them, I told you, and ye believed not: the works that I do in my Father's name, they bear witness of me. But ye believe not, because ye are not of my sheep, as I said unto you. My sheep know my voice, and I know them, and they follow me: And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand. My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand. I and my Father are one. -John 10:25-30 How is it that you can blatantly deny the very words of Christ and instead adopt twisted views of other scriptures speaking of unrighteous people (by the way, I, as a Christian, am righteous in the sight of God, and can never be unrighteous again) who cannot inherit the kingdom because they cannot be Christians! Your arguments make absolutely no sense whatsoever! As to the subject of a license to sin, you are dealing with Christian Liberty, a subject greatly dealt with by Paul. As Christians, we are set free from the bondage of sin's dominion (John 8:34-36, Rom. 6:14-23) and the desire of our hearts is to serve God in righteousness (Rom. 6:18, 22). However, this does not make us immune to sin! As my youth leader put it, While we were once struggling to be free, we are now free to struggle. We were once slaves to sin, but now we are saved from that, and now desire to please him. However, we do fail often, as we are but humans. Okay, now for me to take the offensive side with scripture. Isaiah 43:1-3, God has called us by name, we are His, nothing can overcome His protecting and saving love. Jeremiah 32:10, God grants us fear of Him that we should not turn from Him; it is nothing we ourselves may muster up inside of us. John 3:36, the true believer has eternal life. John 5:24, the believer has eternal life and will not be judged. John 6:35-40, God has handed over to Christ those whom he has willed unto salvation, can God's plan for an individual's salvation be thwarted by a mere man? I should say not ... John 10:27-30, believers shall never perish. I have many more, but time restricts me. If I feel that this is worth more of my time, I may send more references for you. I pray that you see the light of God's scripture and that I may have spoken only that with which the Holy Spirit has graced my lips. In Christo
[E.O.'s response: You are correct that eternal security adherents and we do NOT have the same grace message. What we proclaim is Paul's gospel of grace, which has a conditional security attached to it. See 1 Cor. 15:2; Col. 1:22,23. In addition, it was Jesus himself and not a cultist, who told his own disciples that they must endure to the end of their lives for salvation (Mt. 10:22). See also Christ's words to the churches in Rev. 2:10,11. We are saying what Jesus taught in Mat 5:28,29:But I tell you that anyone who looks at a woman lustfully has already committed ADULTERY with her in his heart. If your right eye causes you to sin, gouge it out and throw it away. It is better for you to lose one part of your body than for your whole body to be thrown into hell.The Lord taught the lustful in heart commit adultery. The Lord's apostles taught that those who die in the sin of adultery go to Hell (1 Cor. 6:9,10; Gal. 5:19-21; Rev. 21:8; etc.). Therefore, if any person lusts in their heart and dies in that condition, they go to Hell. Because this is a wicked and adulterous generation, you assume that all people are filled with lust in their hearts. Yet all those who are will be thrown into hell. All those that enter the Kingdom of God will be free from this sin, as well as others cited in Rev. 21:8. One must repent of this adultery and be pure in heart to see God (Mt.5:8). Again, only those of pure heart will see God! Whom the Son sets free is free indeed (Jn. 8:36). The context bears out that it is freedom from the bondage to sin. Please read our article on lust and pornography at Lust, Another Name For Adultery. Some who are saved will not remain saved. Jesus taught that some believe for a while, but in time of testing they fall away (Lk. 8:13). A sow can get washed and go back to her wallowing in the mud, and a dog can return to its vomit (2 Pet. 2:22). One's faith can get shipwrecked (1 Tim. 1:19,20). Again, please believe what Jesus said in Mt. 5:28,29. He is either a liar, a lunatic or Lord. If he is Lord, his words can be believed. Remember, Jesus has the words of eternal life (Jn. 6:68). God himself from his own throne stated that liars will go to the lake of fire (Rev. 21:8). If you think lying and deception are not serious in God's sight, ponder Acts 5:1-10. Check this subject out with your own Bible concordance. Please read [Jn. 10:27-29] again. Notice it says Jesus' sheep follow him. It is continuous tense in the Greek. The context shows that the wonderful promise in verses 28,29 ONLY refers to those who continue to follow him. Only they will never perish. It doesn't say one is safe to sin. Furthermore, we see elsewhere that some of the Lord's very own followed him no more, Jn. 6:66. Please specifically explain what Scriptures we have adopted twisted views upon. Also, the prophet Ezekiel, speaking God's words, disagrees with you:If I tell the righteous man that he will surely live, but then he trusts in his righteousness and does evil, none of the righteous things he has done will be remembered; he will die for the evil he has done (Ezek 33:13).Our arguments make no sense to you because you are unable to understand due to unrepentant sin in your life. Mat 13:15:For this people's heart has become calloused; they hardly hear with their ears, and they have closed their eyes. Otherwise they might see with their eyes, hear with their ears, understand with their hearts and turn, and I would heal them.Scripture is spiritually, not intellectually, discerned (1 Cor. 2:14; Dan. 12:10; Ezek. 12:2; etc.). Ask your youth leader what Bible verse he bases his ideas upon. But first remind him of Col. 2:8. Paul's was a message of holiness, not Christian liberty as interpreted with eternal security in mind. Notice what he wrote to Titus about grace:For the grace of God that brings salvation has appeared to all men. It teaches us to say ‘NO' to ungodliness and worldly passions, and to live self-controlled, upright and godly lives in this present age (Titus 2:11,12).Notice what he also wrote to the Roman Christians in 8:13,For if you live according to the sinful nature, you will die; but if by the Spirit you put to death the misdeeds of the body, you will live.We know Paul's was a life of holiness from such verses as 1 Thess. 2:10, not of a weak-willed man who vacillated between obedience and wickedness:You are witnesses, and so is God, of how holy, righteous and blameless we were among you who believed.Rom. 6:18 says,You have been set free from sin and have become slaves to righteousness.You left the part out about Christians being slaves to righteousness. Also, remember:Make every effort to live in peace with all men and to be holy; without holiness no one will see the Lord (Heb 12:14).It is only the believer who has salvation. Those that don't continue to believe will be condemned (John 3:18b; Rev. 21:8). As already mentioned, it is not a guarantee that one with a saving faith will continue to believe, as Jesus taught in Lk. 8:13 and other places. We have an 801 page book refuting the popular lie of eternal security. John 15:6If anyone does not remain in me, he is like a branch that is thrown away and withers; such branches are picked up, thrown into the fire and burned.]
* I have read your notes about Dr. Charles Stanley, and visited the page about his reward. All I can say is that although what you say may be true (I don't yet know but I will be researching it), how you have gone about telling it is cruel and mean, and certainly not in Christ's love. So for that, you receive the hypocrisy award.
[E.O.'s Response: Greetings in Jesus' name. We do supply documentation on Stanley's teachings, as well as others like him. After you verify what we wrote, will you accept the evidence about him? Don't be deceived. Just because he is on TV and radio doesn't mean he is sound in doctrine! You also stated in your email that, how we exposed Stanley was cruel and mean, and not in Christ's love, but do you really know Christ's love as revealed in Scripture? Please ponder Mt. 23 where Jesus called the false teachers of his day hypocrites, sons of hell, blind guides, blind fools, blind men, snakes and brood of vipers. According to verse 1 of that same chapter, He denounced these false teachers openly and publicly, both to the saved and unsaved! A false prophet is a wolf in sheep's clothing (Mt. 7:15). He is very dangerous to the sheep, whom he can injure and kill in a spiritual way. GOD BLESS YOU.]
* This is from a Roman Catholic, also given in Christian love. I happened onto your website in my quest to learn as much as I can in my walk with the Lord. As regards the Apocrypha or as we refer to the seven books which were deleted from the protestant versions of the bible, the Deuteroconcanical books, It seems to this beginning bible student that these books were included in Jerome's Vulgate translation from the 5th century until their deletion in the 15th century. If they were considered inspired for 1,000 years, why not any longer, and who made such a determination?
[E.O.'s Response: Greetings in Jesus' name. THANK YOU for your letter and coming to our web site. We have MUCH information on it that should help people coming from a Roman Catholic background. I am an ex Catholic! What changed me was reading the Catholic Bible. The most important truth I learned was that the plan of salvation is not taught in Roman Catholicism. Instead, they offer a message containing church membership, the sacraments, Mary, wearing the brown scapular and good works for salvation. If you read through the New Testament, with a desire to change your behavior and beliefs accordingly, you'll readily see the difference. Regarding the Apocrypha, Augustine of Hippo (John Calvin's hero) believed they were canonical, but other so-called church fathers were in disagreement with that idea. You mentioned in your email Jerome's Vulgate translation from the 5th century. But MUCH EARLIER than that is Rom. 3:1,2. Those Scriptures read:What advantage, then, is there in being a Jew, or what value is there in circumcision? Much in every way! First of all, they have been entrusted with the very words of God.TWO POINTS:
(1) The Scriptures did NOT come from the RC church, as Roman Catholicism falsely claims, but rather from the Jews!
(2) The Jews were entrusted with the very words of God, BUT THEY REJECTED THE APOCRYPHA!
It is a well known fact that the Jews did, indeed, reject the Apocrypha. For example, Josephus, the 1st century Jewish historian, never considered that the Jews thought they were divine as other OT books were (Apion.1.8.38). Other sources can be cited. If one accepts the Apocrypha then he is accepting contradictions and false doctrines also. Regarding contradictions, please know that in Bel and the Dragon a story of how Daniel got into the lion's den is contradictory to the Scriptural account. Since we know Daniel was a prophet, according to the Lord Himself (Mt. 24:15), then we must accept the Daniel 6 account and reject Bel and the Dragon. Moreover, the false doctrines in the Apocrypha are serious. In 2 Mac. 12:42,45, the idea of praying for the dead and Purgatory are introduced, which is never even hinted in the New Testament. In fact, Jesus stated that there were only two gates to enter through beyond death (Mt. 7:13,14). If Purgatory was a reality there would be three gates! Moreover, in the Apocryphal book of Tobit it is stated that alms purgeth away sins and maketh to find mercy and life everlasting (12:8,9). See also 4:8-10. This is a false plan of salvation and therefore can't be from the same source that has given us the rest of the Scriptures and God's eternal truth! To be saved from Hell, do NOT trust in any denomination or church, but in the Lord Jesus. Place ALL 100% of your TRUST in Him (not Him and Mary) for your soul's salvation. It is only an enduring, unashamed faith in Jesus Christ that produces holy living and good works that will deliver from the eternal, unquenchable and raging fires of Hell. See Rom. 2:7; Gal. 6:8,9; Rev. 21:8; Mt. 10:22,33; Lk.9:26; 1 Cor. 6:9,10. GOD BLESS YOU.]
Return to top
Evangelical Outreach Alphabetical Map
The Believer's Conditional Security: is the most comprehensive and exhaustive
refutation to the teaching of once saved always saved that has ever been written!
PO Box 265
Washington, PA 15301
Contact Us Or Join Our Internet Church